Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair products for thin, limp hair!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa82 View Post
    I use this volume line and LOVE it. The bottles last me a long time too because I only wash my hair every 2-3 days and I don't need a lot (since I have fine hair, lol). It's done me wonders.

create volume > Hair Concern > Aveda

I just went to their site and see they have this new line for thin hair. I might just have to try it out.

thin hair > Hair Concern > Aveda

I also love this for damage control from hot irons and hair dryers. I have not found anything like it. Most of the heat protectants are heavy, sticky and gross, not this one! It's also great for rejuvenating your hair on days your don't wash.
    Brilliant™ Damage Control™ > smooth and tame > Hair Care > Aveda

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ad, I just love this brand!
    Hah don't worry, you don't! I will definitely have to try this. I should've listened to my intuition and bought it when I had the money!
  2. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I have thing fine hair. Doesn't help that its uber blonde and I lost a ToN last year when I had cancer and was going through chemo. Its still struggling to grow and get thick again.... I might have to try some of this.
  3. Senior Member
    I fried my hair a few years back with flat ironing/coloring too much and my hair was ruined.

I used Mane and Tail (Original Mane 'n Tail - Personal Care Products - Moisturizing Shampoos and Conditioners, Hair Cremes, Pomades, and Leave-In Treatments) for about 6 months and my hair was seriously transformed.

It's not specifically for thinning/fine hair, but it seriously changed my hair completely. My hair was never prettier/shinier/thicker. I got compliments.

PRO: It's CHEAP! Fabulousness guarunteed.
    CON: Girl, please. NONE.

"This too shall pass!"
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinknGreen View Post
    I fried my hair a few years back with flat ironing/coloring too much and my hair was ruined.

I used Mane and Tail (Original Mane 'n Tail - Personal Care Products - Moisturizing Shampoos and Conditioners, Hair Cremes, Pomades, and Leave-In Treatments) for about 6 months and my hair was seriously transformed.

It's not specifically for thinning/fine hair, but it seriously changed my hair completely. My hair was never prettier/shinier/thicker. I got compliments.

PRO: It's CHEAP! Fabulousness guarunteed.
    CON: Girl, please. NONE.
    That stuff actually works?! No waaaay! I am getting some like now.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thoseredkeds View Post
    That stuff actually works?! No waaaay! I am getting some like now.
    SERIOUSLY- you will love it!! After just a few uses my hair felt so much cleaner/shinier. I use it now in combo w/ color protection shampoo (I color my hair red on the reg and it fades so badly!) and I loveeeee it.

I swear by it!

"This too shall pass!"
  6. Senior Member
    I have the John Freida Root Awakening root spray and I really like it. Just a little spritz at the roots helps make my hair LOOK a little fuller and adds body. My hair is baby fine.

The other trick I've discovered that helps my hair: When I shampoo I only shampoo the very top of my head (I guess the "crown") and then when I condition it, I only put conditioner from the ears down. (My hair is medium length) I think it really makes a noticeable difference. Conditioning the TOP of my head really makes my hair weighed down & looks greasy really quick!
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12