Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luminess Air Airbrush Make-up

1. Regular Member

Thumb Down Luminess Air Airbrush Make-up

Advertisements
    I purchased this and was pretty disapointed. They make it seem so awesome on the commericial lol Here is my review-
    Cons- Make up has a funny smell. It makes my skin feel greasy. I hated cleaning it everytime and I would always end up bubbling it over and spilling it. You call to get just the airbursh system and they don't give up on trying to talk you into getting other things for it, cause apparently just the airbrush system is not good enough for the results you see on tv. In the end it cost over $400 and the buy at one time perk only took off $15. Which I thought was just ridiculous. They want you to watch a really long dvd of how to apply the make-up. It's not at all (to me anyways) much faster then applying my normal makeup. And definitely not cheaper to me in the long run considering I paid $400 and also have to subscribe to their monthly thing to receive the make-up in the mail that goes with it, which cost about $23 a month. Buying my regular make-up costs about$5-10 a month. It gave my break-outs an odd color when trying to cover them up. They are relentless when you try to call and get a refund and send the product back.
    Pros-Shipping it back was pretty easy and I got my money back in a timely manner, which I wasn't expecting to happen at all. It did give me an all over color, but you have to apply it just right, not good if your in a hurry. I got a 30 day money back guarantee (which I used)

Overall thoughts-I would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't use a lot of make-up, to anyone who just wants an easy quick make-up application, to anyone who doesn't want to spend a ton of money or to anyone who can't tolerate strange smells and greasy feeling on their face.

However this may work for some people, but even after learning how to apply it correctly, I was still not impressed at all, even after many attempts.
  2. Senior Member
    I am not a fan of non commerical airbrush makeup. I do not believe one can evenly and fully apply airbrush foundation on themselves.

Sorry you were not happy after buying the product. I will avoid that brand if I buy a system for work.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    I am not a fan of non commerical airbrush makeup. I do not believe one can evenly and fully apply airbrush foundation on themselves.

Sorry you were not happy after buying the product. I will avoid that brand if I buy a system for work.

Since your into doing make-up for others, it might not be such a bad product. I must say that it is much more difficult to do your own airbrush then it is to do others. The system was nice and it had three different speeds and I'm guessing you could use any kind of airbrush make-up with it instead of what they want you to use. I think the LuminessAir would definitely benefit a make-up artist more so then someone just using it on a daily at home basis. Too much of a pain to clean and put up and like you mentioned, its not too easy to apply it to yourself. I was quite curious how the tanning attachment that I payed for that came with it would work if I didn't have my husband to do my backside lol I would have looked like an orange and white zebra! It is expensive for one person to use on themselves, I'm guessing it wouldn't be such a bad investment though for a make-up artist. I would look into more if you were wanting to use it for business because it would work best for that instead. Hope my reviewed helped you some!
  4. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    YOU PAID $400.00 FOR MAKE-UP!!!???

be cool.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    YOU PAID $400.00 FOR MAKE-UP!!!???
    this

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marine.gf View Post
    this

lol its not make-up... well not just make-up. its an airbrush system. it has the airbrush wand and motor and spray tanning attachments and other accessories. it was actually way more expesnsive then i was expecting, one reason i sent it back, because it just didn't do enough for me as one person to justify $400
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you want the air brush look try Sally Hansen's makeup. It was created by Carmindy from What not to Wear. To my surprise, it looks very nice. With medium coverage. Gives a very natural look!
    Sally Hansen meets Carmindy; Natural Beauty Cosmetic line aims at high quality products, skin natural look combined with natural ingredients.
    the fact it's in expensive is also a plus!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyB View Post
    lol its not make-up... well not just make-up. its an airbrush system. it has the airbrush wand and motor and spray tanning attachments and other accessories. it was actually way more expesnsive then i was expecting, one reason i sent it back, because it just didn't do enough for me as one person to justify $400
    that makes sense then I guess. I'm just not a huge makeup person so that's just crazy to me
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marine.gf View Post
    that makes sense then I guess. I'm just not a huge makeup person so that's just crazy to me
    same, it takes me about 5 minutes if not less to get make-up on when i do.
  10. Senior Member
    i had always wondered about air brush makeup.. but now i know.. thank you. i find that mary kay powder foundation is amazing if you're in a rush.. evens out skin tone PERFECTLY.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast