Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shampoo and Conditioner

1. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Advertisements
    I love Tresemme shampoo and conditioner.

I'll also use Herbal Essence.
  2. Senior Member
    Right now, I'm using Tressemme but I think it's time for something else cause it doesn't seem to be working as well on my hair so I'm back to square one.
  3. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    I used Pantene for a while and my hair stylist commented on how great my hair was doing, and I know that's a reasonably priced shampoo and conditioner but it's been a long time. Same when I used Burt's Bees sugar beet shampoo and soy and pomegranate conditioner, but those run about $8 for 16 oz bottles.

Now I use a special shampoo and conditioner since I got my keratin complex cos my hair has gotten so difficult.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know it may sound totally crazy (or at least it did to my husband) but try Mane 'N Tail shampoo & conditioner! I know they sell it at Sally's Beauty Supply, and I know they used to sell it at Wal-Mart. It's shampoo/conditioner that was actually developed for horses' manes. They need more protein and things for their hair, people started using it on their own hair, and it STRENGTHENS your hair like NO other! Because it strengthens it so well, it grows SO much longer than it normally would! It's like $5 or something!? Inexpensive and GREAT! Don't let the "originally used for horses" weird you out. This stuff makes my hair SO soft and smooth. I have curly hair, and it does AMAZINGLY well!
  5. Memento vivere
    Memento vivere
    I love Biolage, but like you - I had to find something cheaper. So now...I still keep a bottle of it, but only use it once a week. The two shampoos I use regularly are Dove Intensive Repair and Dove Heat Defense. I usually use Heat Defense when I don't want to be lazy and actually want to do something with my hair. I use Intensive Repair on most other days.
  6. Regular Member
    Sometimes I use Jason Apricot (smells divine!), but it's $9 a bottle, so I switch out with Nature's Gate sulfate-free tea-tree shampoo and baking soda mixed in water. The only conditioner I use is white vinegar and warm water. If you rinse well after with cool water, it doesn't smell very strong at all, and it goes away completely by the time your hair is dry.

I have a really sensitive scalp, so I can't use most shampoos, but those two are fairly gentle and make my hair look/feel awesome! I've also use Tresemme Deep Cleansing shampoo, which made my hair so shiney, but wasn't as nice to my scalp.
  7. CTN
    Man, I use plain old Pert 2-in-1 and now I feel like I should be doing more, ahaha. I have long, thick hair, and cheap Pert does the job just fine for me.

I might go looking into Dove now.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Biolage forte is amazinggg..
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsey View Post
    I know it may sound totally crazy (or at least it did to my husband) but try Mane 'N Tail shampoo & conditioner! I know they sell it at Sally's Beauty Supply, and I know they used to sell it at Wal-Mart. It's shampoo/conditioner that was actually developed for horses' manes. They need more protein and things for their hair, people started using it on their own hair, and it STRENGTHENS your hair like NO other! Because it strengthens it so well, it grows SO much longer than it normally would! It's like $5 or something!? Inexpensive and GREAT! Don't let the "originally used for horses" weird you out. This stuff makes my hair SO soft and smooth. I have curly hair, and it does AMAZINGLY well!
    I'm totally going to try that. I wonder how it does on color-treated hair. I'm seriously gray without my hair dresser's help! Couldn't hurt to try this, especially since I'm trying to grow it out. THANK YOU for the suggestion!!!
    I miss him so much... but I love him even more. And that makes all the difference!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast