Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Acrylics :(

1. Senior Member

Stupid Acrylics :(

Advertisements
    I got acrylics done about a month and a half ago and when I went to get them filled they took them off and put a new set after me telling them no! Well, I decided to take them off because one broke but I didn't realize how thin the second set had made my nails. When I took them off there are parts of my nails that are just the nail bed! One of my real nails finished peeling today and it hurts so bad I am never getting them again

DF: You've never looked at me that way. What's that look?
    Me: You really do love me, don't you?
    DF: Amor, I just flew halfway around the world to see you. I love you more than life itself.
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    OUCH!! I was going to get mine removed, but now I'm kind of scared to! I know they say that they destroy your real nails, but I'm not prepared for that!! I hope your fingers feel better soon.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    oh owie!!!

Me: What's the best decision you've ever made?
    DB: To join the Marines.
    Me: Why's that?
    DB: Because I met you

*Missing My Marine*
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    OUCH!! I was going to get mine removed, but now I'm kind of scared to! I know they say that they destroy your real nails, but I'm not prepared for that!! I hope your fingers feel better soon.
    Thank you girly! I used acetone and everything but I think that maybe I hurried it along but that was because my mom needed help around the house haha. I would so suggest having someone take them off for you. There is also treatments for your nails once the Acrylics are off. I use Nailtiques, it works wonders but my nail was just too messed up to save.

DF: Amor, I just flew halfway around the world to see you. I love you more than life itself.
  5. Senior Member
    I hate HATE fake nails.

I just let mine grow out and french tipped them for my wedding. They looked really awesome.

Make sure to put some Neosporin and some Bandaids on exposed nails. Infection can be bad, and that area is very vascular. Take some Tylenol 650 mg or Motrin 800mg. Should help take the edge off.

Sorry you hurt!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCsemperfi View Post
    I hate HATE fake nails.

I just let mine grow out and french tipped them for my wedding. They looked really awesome.

Make sure to put some Neosporin and some Bandaids on exposed nails. Infection can be bad, and that area is very vascular. Take some Tylenol 650 mg or Motrin 800mg. Should help take the edge off.

Sorry you hurt!
    Mine were growing out so nicely but I had a lot of stress going on with school so I ended up biting and cutting them, that's why I originally decided to get them done

Thank you, I will def take some tylenol because it hurts to touch them. I can't even put them in warm water!

Thanks for your help!

7. CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    CREATOR OF MINIBOT
    What did I ever do to you :'C lol

But yeah. I'm always in a lovehate with fake nails like that :C I love how they look and they make me feel prettier (for some reason) but I hate. When they stat to chip/fall off D'x
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrylic View Post

But yeah. I'm always in a lovehate with fake nails like that :C I love how they look and they make me feel prettier (for some reason) but I hate. When they stat to chip/fall off D'x
    Haha Awe you know that is not what I meant

EXACTLY! I love them because they are so pretty and you are not weird if you think they make you feel prettier, I'm the same way But AHH I hate it when they get messed up and look like crap Why can't they just stay as pretty as the day you got them?! lol

9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrylic View Post

AWWW
    I thought of you when I read this!
    I can't stand fake nails ! Bleck! But I looove me some Acrylic
  10. Senior Member
    I saw that she had posted to this and was like "oh no she is going to think I hate her! I hope she reads what I actually posted about" haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast