Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overseas Screening & DH Going Crazy

1. Regular Member
    Advertisements
    Thank you Stephanie I really do appreciate your input and understanding what I'm trying to get across. For the marines they do categories. I'm considered level 1 due to not needing urgent care. Which I'm very blessed but yes I had my doctor fill out the forms and he personally felt my PCOS was stable and cleared to travel which I pray overseas will also. I guess I just hope they give me a chance to explain but also see I don't have a serious condition nor issue. Today I was also cleared by my dentist being the fact I need no work done. Thank Lord knowing how much I hate the dentist lol.
  2. Senior Member
    Again, "cleared to travel" has almost nothing to do with the overseas screen. All that means is that it is safe for you to get on a plane.

Yes, I perhaps overstated things. I assumed it was clear what I was getting at, but maybe it wasn't. If your doctor said you weren't recommended to go, then you probably wouldn't go. So in that sense, his word does matter. But his word that you are okay doesn't really matter much at all. It doesn't. What the people told you is true in that if even he, someone who doesn't understand anything about the process, though you shouldn't go, then you'd most likely be denied. But the opposite is not true. He has no idea how full the OBGYN department is at Camp Foster. He has no idea of the expense if they have to send you in town (to a doctor who likely speaks limited English) or fly you off the island to the Honshu or Hawaii. He has no idea what wait times are like, should you need an appointment. These are all things they look at, not just "does she definitely need to see a doctor, and do we have that doctor?".

Because, again, approval isn't about safety to travel. It is about access to care. And that's something a civilian doctor knows nothing about.

That said, Cat 1 is a very good sign. As I said before, I wouldn't be too worried if I was in your shoes.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Regular Member
    Thank you Villanelle for your response. I really do appreciate it. I'm understanding what you are saying and you are correct civilian doctors don't know about the space and all. I was just exposing that he knows about my condition is all. Right now I'm leaving it up to God in the hopes that my prayers are answered and I am approved. I hear like you said it's a common thing so I am not so worried like I was before. I feel I will get approved so I'm sticking to that. Also your right Category 1 is a good thing so I'm glad about that.
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, if you are not approved, that's not a BAD thing. As with any medical condition, you want to be where you can be quickly, accurately and absolutely treated, whether it be a daily or rarely thing. Imagine being somewhere (especially a foreign country) where there would be no medical help readily available! The medical screening process is not to isolate or punish anyone with a medical condition, it is to assure that you WILL have medical care available to assure your safety and well-being.
  5. Regular Member
    Yes I know that and I understand that
  6. Regular Member
    So good news!!!! I was approved. Thank you so much for you guys comments and wisdom. I appreciate it
  7. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

hello

I am literally in the same boat right now waiting on an answwer from Medical. Totally going nuts right now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12