Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kiribati

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Kiribati

Advertisements
    Hey Everyone,

I came down on orders for Korea a couple month ago. However, my assignment has changed to "Yong San, Kiribati." All I've found in my search is a short thread on another site from 6 years ago that was of no real help. It's a chain of islands similar to the Marshall Islands/Kwajalein Atoll. Has any one heard of this place or know anything about it? Thanks!
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by CTK6thwisc View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I came down on orders for Korea a couple month ago. However, my assignment has changed to "Yong San, Kiribati." All I've found in my search is a short thread on another site from 6 years ago that was of no real help. It's a chain of islands similar to the Marshall Islands/Kwajalein Atoll. Has any one heard of this place or know anything about it? Thanks!
    Only thing I know about it is what I've read in a travelogue by J. Maarten Troost called The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific

I have traveled through the south Pacific though to include the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Northern Marianas - that prob doesn't help though.
    ~Becca~

3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sally might know more about the Kiribati part, but Yongsan is the base in Seoul.

Based on quick Google it looks like Kiribati might be a reference to the neighborhood/area/district of Seoul where the base is.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Sally might know more about the Kiribati part, but Yongsan is the base in Seoul.

Based on quick Google it looks like Kiribati might be a reference to the neighborhood/area/district of Seoul where the base is.

Finally got an answer on this. For some reason HRC was using the country code KR (which is the country of Kiribati) as opposed to KS (South Korea).