Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets and Japan

1. Regular Member

Pets and Japan

Advertisements
    Hey everyone so I leave for Japan march 1st and we will be there for 3 years! I know DH and I both would love a dog but does anyone know any idea on taking them with us after the 3 years here? We would both love a dog but I am so back and forth with the idea because I would absolutely hate to get one and then have to leave it there, it would just break my heart
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Brif0311 View Post
    Hey everyone so I leave for Japan march 1st and we will be there for 3 years! I know DH and I both would love a dog but does anyone know any idea on taking them with us after the 3 years here? We would both love a dog but I am so back and forth with the idea because I would absolutely hate to get one and then have to leave it there, it would just break my heart
    Japan is all out of dogs
    ~Becca~

4. Regular Member
    Really? Very mature of you both, you don't like me that is fine, please don't reply to my posts then it's that simple.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Japan is all out of dogs
    D E A D
  6. we were all rooting for you
    Really? Very mature of you both, you don't like me that is fine, please don't reply to my posts then it's that simple.
    Not going to start drama in this thread, we're allowed to post what we want given the interactions we've had with you before. You asked advice on getting a dog and then said you would entertain the possibility of LEAVING IT THERE which is one of the shittiest things you could do to that animal. So here's my advice: don't get a dog in Japan if you think you lack the capacity to move with it.
  7. Senior Member
    Lol why are you even considering getting a dog if you think you're gonna have to leave it behind? You never *have* to leave it anywhere, but certain places (such as Hawaii) will have long quarantine periods and I'm pretty sure even small animals can't be in the cabin for overseas flights and it's kind of expensive to fly them in cargo.

Anywaaaaay please don't get a dog if you think leaving it behind when you PCS even enters your mind as an option. You don't need to fulfill ALL of the negative military stereotypes.
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Don't tell me what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You don't need to fulfill ALL of the negative military stereotypes.
    Don't tell her what to do!
    ~Becca~

9. Regular Member
    I NEVER said I would leave it there. DH told me one of his sgts ended up having to leave their dog behind and find a family for it because they could not take it to their duty station. I was asking if anyone knew more info about that because I said I would NOT want that to happen, did not say that was an option of mine.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    I NEVER said I would leave it there. DH told me one of his sgts ended up having to leave their dog behind and find a family for it because they could not take it to their duty station. I was asking if anyone knew more info about that because I said I would NOT want that to happen, did not say that was an option of mine.
    You literally said "I would absolutely hate to get one and then have to leave it there, it would just break my heart" should I quote you again? Finding a family, dumping it in a shelter, giving it to a friend, WHATEVER, it doesn't matter. You'd still be tearing that dog's world apart by leaving it behind and that's a really shady thing to do to a pet IMO. I have two cats, both try to fucking kill each other when I'm not home and they don't get along. One is sick with a chronic condition. But guess what, I still have both of them and have moved 4+ times with them and am preparing to do it again in a few weeks. A pet is for life. You don't just leave a family member behind.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast