Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Overseas Screeninv

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Overseas Screeninv

Advertisements
    I have a question about overseas screening.We just Approve to all themedical overseas screening and they told us to pick up all the pappers and my husband just need to fill up a form 1300.14D and do the Command interview. About the Command interview is it just Verbal interview or its like a backround check?like looking for everything like financial or debt? is this one of reason that can be denie from Overseas orders?Thank you in advance!
  2. Senior Member
    Your post is a bit hard to follow, but if I'm understanding your question correctly, then no, there is no financial investigation required for moving overseas.

That said, my DH has never done a "command interview" for any of our three overseas moves. (He's Navy, too.) Is your DH going to some special job?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    villanelle Thank you for the reply! he is a Warrant officer and this is my first time going overseas..so i dont know what to expect.And sory if you dont understand too much about my question.
    We just had a call from the Overseas Screening saying that all is Approve and We just need to pick up all the medical pappers and My husband will bring that pappers from Overseas Screening and Last My Husband need to Sign and fill up a papper work called Report of Suitability for Overseas Assignment? then bring it to the Command and They need to sign it.I was just wondering if there is like a Financial Check or If you have a debt or something and thinking that they need a Financial check to me or to my Husband.
    Thank You for the reply! really appreciate it!
  4. Senior Member
    No. There is no financial check for an overseas screen.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Overseas Screening Backround Check?

Hi we have a Orders going to Japan!
    We are finish to our medical Overseas Screening and all of us got cleared.
    So next step is forward all the paper and Command need to Sign the paper for screening.Question is there a Verbal Interview?By your Command? and Is there a Financial check like your Debt and Everything?before there cleared the final paper.
    Thanks In advance.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hi OP, I merged your threads for you since this is the same question in both. I hope someone has answers for your but honestly I don't know.

When we were moving offpost overseas I believe DH had a meeting with his command about budgeting and affording to move off post etc. But I also think that was more related to moving offpost, because the command sponsorship had already been approved at that time. Neither of us had to do an interview that I recall but our situation was unusual so it very well could be a possibility.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Tojai Thank you for the Info! But like you said your situation is difrent.We dont have any Interview by the Command and My husband just fill up some Paper work so the command can sign it.But Thank God! Everything is Very Good and We Got all approve.Thanks anyways for all the informatin and Big Thank you to villanelle too!
  8. Regular Member
    My husband is stationed in Japan right now and I'll be leaving to go there in a month and a half as far as I know, DH did not have to do any interview and they did not do any financial check for us. Basically I got medically cleared to travel and then we were able to start the command sponsorship process, but no financial check! DH is army though so our process may be completely different than yours!