Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Promotion & Overseas Assignments

1. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman

Promotion & Overseas Assignments

Advertisements
    Hello everyone. Its been raining here in Guam for straight week now. My toddler isn't feeling well so I'm stuck at home plus I don't have a car yet. Anyways, I've been bored so I got to thinking about assignments. Dh is E7 right now. If he makes E8, I believe his AFSC will be 3D190, wondering what's the likely that we will get another overseas. Our deros is July, so we will land on the November cycle for July, Aug, Sept. I haven't been really monitoring the lists until the past few months. Any insights will be appreciated.

Actually, any posts is good. I'd like to talk about assignments lol. I really want to go back anywhere in Europe or Alaska. =)
  2. Senior Member
    E8 results come out in March so you will already have an E7 OCONUS assignment by then if he gets one. He would almost certainly lose that assignment if he makes rank and chances of another overseas at that point would be slim (but not impossible).

My husbands DEROS isn't until April 2018 so we have some time, hoping if he makes rank it will be this year, otherwise would rather he just not make it until after we PCS so it doesn't mess with assignments after we already have one, lol.
  3. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    E8 results come out in March so you will already have an E7 OCONUS assignment by then if he gets one. He would almost certainly lose that assignment if he makes rank and chances of another overseas at that point would be slim (but not impossible).

My husbands DEROS isn't until April 2018 so we have some time, hoping if he makes rank it will be this year, otherwise would rather he just not make it until after we PCS so it doesn't mess with assignments after we already have one, lol.
    Yikes! I would hate to get an assignment cancelled again lol. Hopefully my husband makes it couple years before we pcs. He test out this year for the 1st time for e8. We looked at the assignments couple cycles ago. In May, they had Moron AB. This cycle they have one for Ramstein and of course Korea and Turkey I think which we will not apply for. I'm excited to see what are the openings in November cause that would be our cycle AND MAYBE potentially those assignments will be available again when its our turn.

How long are u there in AK? We would like to go there if available.