Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netherlands short tour?

1. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman

Netherlands short tour?

Advertisements
    What are the bases in the Netherlands? Are they short tours? I'm asking for a friend. Her husband is in Korea and got an assignment to the Netherlands(they didn't have follow-on). However, she doesn't know if its short tour or not. I'm pretty sure his HYT is Sept 2019. My friend said they're RNLTD is November 2016. Thanks.
  2. Senior Member
    I know a couple people who have been stationed there. There's a NATO base in Brunssum, and another friend was in Brussels at NATO headquarters. I believe there's at least one other location, but I'm blanking on the name.

No idea if they are short tours, as that's not really a concept in DH's community.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I know a couple people who have been stationed there. There's a NATO base in Brunssum, and another friend was in Brussels at NATO headquarters. I believe there's at least one other location, but I'm blanking on the name.

No idea if they are short tours, as that's not really a concept in DH's community.
    I'm going to spell it wrong; but, isn't vokel out in that area? I can't remember if that is Belgium or Netherlands.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    I'm going to spell it wrong; but, isn't vokel out in that area? I can't remember if that is Belgium or Netherlands.
    Your post made me realize that I posted about Brussels in a Netherlands thread. I was mixing that, which is NATO headquarters, with Shinnen, which is an American Army base, sort of. It's a joint base, run by the Army, I believe.

Not sure about Volkel (or Vokel, or whatever the spelling is). I think it is a Netherlands base, but maybe Americans can be stationed there?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member

Volkel is in the Netherlands and I know of a few AF people that have been stationed there. It can be accompanied or unaccompanied.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Schinnen and Volkel were the ones that hubby knew of.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Volkel is in the Netherlands and I know of a few AF people that have been stationed there. It can be accompanied or unaccompanied.
    So is it a short tour? 2 years accompanied? Or u meant regular tour and can be served unaccompanied for 2 years?
  8. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Thanks for all the response. We've been looking online if Volkel is short or not but can't really find anything regarding tour length.
  9. Married to Airman
    Married to Airman
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Your post made me realize that I posted about Brussels in a Netherlands thread. I was mixing that, which is NATO headquarters, with Shinnen, which is an American Army base, sort of. It's a joint base, run by the Army, I believe.

Not sure about Volkel (or Vokel, or whatever the spelling is). I think it is a Netherlands base, but maybe Americans can be stationed there?
    That's alright. I was thinking about the bases in Belgium too lol.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would guess a short tour is unaccompanied. The only ones that I know where dependents go with for a short is Turkey. BUT, that is what I know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast