Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Visiting Hawaii

1. Regular Member

Visiting Hawaii

Advertisements
    So my husband is headed down to Hawaii for work next month. He will take some leave and I will meet him and sight see.

What are some must things to do.

We will be kid free and I will be entering my 2nd trimester.
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    This thread has lots of good info - Oahu!
    ~Becca~

3. Regular Member
    Thanks!!!

Do you happen to know the best tour for pearl harbor. I have done some research and I feel a little lost in the different tours and who is doing them.
  4. Senior Member
    If you're looking for a Pearl Harbor tour, try ITT on the Hickam side of Joint-Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. It's between the mini shopette and the theater. There is also an MWR on the package store side of the NEX. Another great resource is Great Life Hawaii
  5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by duckbutt View Post
    Thanks!!!

Do you happen to know the best tour for pearl harbor. I have done some research and I feel a little lost in the different tours and who is doing them.
    I never did a full tour. I just went early and got my free ticket for the USS Arizona, so did all that stuff and then just walked around the grounds by myself.
    ~Becca~

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I never did a full tour. I just went early and got my free ticket for the USS Arizona, so did all that stuff and then just walked around the grounds by myself.
    THANK!!! i was looking at one site and it was an all day thing and a lot of money which I didn't want that. Found some better stuff we are more looking to do.
  7. Senior Member

When my husband was stationed there and I went to visit, we just did everything on our own. Be warned with the Arizona though... when you go get your ticket, the movie that you watch before going to the memorial might not be for a few hours from when you got your ticket. We got there around 9 and our show time wasn't until 1:30.

Waikiki is very nice, the mall is HUGE and has quite a few restaurants as well. If you will have a vehicle, it would definitely be worth it to do the light house hike (Makapuu Lighthouse Trail). It's an easy paved hike and very pretty views. On the way to that hike are some scenic lookouts and the Hālona Blowhole which is awesome to see.

And I forgot since you have base access you can get onto Ford Island on your own so you really wouldn't need a tour package and could just get tickets to the individual memorials. Ford Island is where the USS Missouri is as well as the aviation museum.
  8. Senior Member
    Drive around the island, see the north shore, Pearl Harbor, diamond head, Waikiki, Hawaii Kai, Kailua. The drive takes about a day if you make stops, and you'll probably wanna make stops if it's a nice day out. If you like shopping, waikele premium outlets and Waikiki and ala moana mall.