Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bremerton, Wa Rentals

  1. Fresh Newbie
    ChelseaJo's Avatar
    ChelseaJo is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2
    #1

    Bremerton, Wa Rentals

    Advertisements
    im moving in June to Bremerton to be with my boyfriend. Anyone know of decent apartments or rentals? Or areas to stay away from?
  2. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,283
    Blog Entries
    2
    #2
    Avoid Bremerton. Look in Silverdale or port orchard.
    in port orchard we lived in Orchard Pointe Apartments. Quick ferry ride to Bremerton. No traffic. Adorable town.
    it's been a few years, but I don't think Bremerton itself has gotten better.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    BLBnJVB3's Avatar
    BLBnJVB3 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    Which base-PSNS Bremerton or Bangor? If PSNS Bremerton, I'd look in Port Orchard. If Bangor, I'd look in Silverdale or Poulsbo. There are 2 carriers here right now so driving through Gorst can be a headache. We're here right now but I don't know anything about apartments. Is he here now? If not, and he'll be at PSNS Bremerton he needs to come prepared to leave early. Parking sucks with both carriers. My husband leaves by 4:30....which is why I'm up right now. Lol Also, if you're not already familiar, beware of baseboard heating. It is expensive. They're basically like space heaters.
  4. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,283
    Blog Entries
    2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Which base-PSNS Bremerton or Bangor? If PSNS Bremerton, I'd look in Port Orchard. If Bangor, I'd look in Silverdale or Poulsbo. There are 2 carriers here right now so driving through Gorst can be a headache. We're here right now but I don't know anything about apartments. Is he here now? If not, and he'll be at PSNS Bremerton he needs to come prepared to leave early. Parking sucks with both carriers. My husband leaves by 4:30....which is why I'm up right now. Lol Also, if you're not already familiar, beware of baseboard heating. It is expensive. They're basically like space heaters.
    When we lived in P.O. wife would bike downhill straight to the P.O. ferry andland right next to base. No traffic no parking issues. Only issue was the long walk or ride once through the gates At base. Not sure all the details.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    BLBnJVB3's Avatar
    BLBnJVB3 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    #5
    If you can bike it definitely helps. Based off the foot ferry hours that I know of, it doesn't leave Port Orchard early enough. I've been hearing the same issue with the shuttles. They just don't leave early enough for the service members to get on the carrier in time. Not sure about the other commands though, just my husband's. Another thing that doesn't help is how dark it is in the morning/night. Depending where one lives, it is just not safe to bike or walk/run.
  6. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,283
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    If you can bike it definitely helps. Based off the foot ferry hours that I know of, it doesn't leave Port Orchard early enough. I've been hearing the same issue with the shuttles. They just don't leave early enough for the service members to get on the carrier in time. Not sure about the other commands though, just my husband's. Another thing that doesn't help is how dark it is in the morning/night. Depending where one lives, it is just not safe to bike or walk/run.
    That could be true. She was with the Admiral's command on the ship, not the ship's company, so her hours were likely different.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Fresh Newbie
    ChelseaJo's Avatar
    ChelseaJo is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2
    #7
    He's at PSNS Bremerton with the Nimitz. He's been there since they left Everett, but that's good to know about parking. I would love to be somewhere close enough where he could bike to work, or even carpool with someone since we only have my car right now. Thanks for the advice!!
  8. Senior Member
    BLBnJVB3's Avatar
    BLBnJVB3 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    My husband is on the Stennis. We lived in Port Orchard and really liked the area. No way he could have biked from that house though. But there are places in Port Orchard that are closer. Port Orchard is more country. Silverdale, where Bangor is, is more city and where the mall is. Port Orchard is closer to Tacoma though....that mall is nicer than the one in Silverdale. Not sure if you've been here yet or if he has expressed a preference.
  9. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,283
    Blog Entries
    2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    My husband is on the Stennis. We lived in Port Orchard and really liked the area. No way he could have biked from that house though. But there are places in Port Orchard that are closer. Port Orchard is more country. Silverdale, where Bangor is, is more city and where the mall is. Port Orchard is closer to Tacoma though....that mall is nicer than the one in Silverdale. Not sure if you've been here yet or if he has expressed a preference.
    I don't know that I would call them "city" and "country." Maybe "cosmopolitan suburbia" and "quaint port town." But I loved being able to just zip down to Tacoma, especially with the new bridge.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. Regular Member
    RoslinLaBlanc's Avatar
    RoslinLaBlanc is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    115
    #10
    I've always heard to avoid Bremerton at all costs. And that's from friends in the Kitsap area right now.

    I've been looking into getting a place near Silverdale or Poulsbo though I'm not sure which areas are better or worse up that way. But my DB is at Bangor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •