Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lacey, WA Apartments

1. Senior Member

Lacey, WA Apartments

Advertisements
    Any suggestions?

DB and I are getting an aprtment together when he gets back for sure (which helps a lot instead of me trying to get one on my own! Plus, I get DB ). I think we have decided on the Lacey/Olympia area. We both like the area- it's nice and safer, less traffic from what I hear, cost of rent isn't ridiculous.

We are looking at $1,000 a month in rent max. He's fine with a 1 bedroom 1 bath but personally I'd like a 2 bedroom if it is afforadable. It needs to be pet friendly (I am bringing my cat out here, and in the far future if we are still living there we'll be getting a dog, too).

Things I'd like to see but aren't necessary:

-Washer/dryer in the apartment (or at the very least shared ones in the apartment complex)
    -Garages/car ports (even if there is a fee)
    -Nice community ammenities (pool, gym)
    -Dishwasher!
    -Heat/AC

Also, how far is TOO far from post? I saw some nice apartments online in the Olympia area that are off exit 104. Is that too far? Does anyone live off exit 104 or further and drive to/from post daily during rush hour? How far south do any of you live, if not that far?

Thanks!
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I dunno anything about the area :\ Caitlin (Franky) used to live over that way though so she will probably know a lot about it!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I dunno anything about the area :\ Caitlin (Franky) used to live over that way though so she will probably know a lot about it!

Don't go off 104, that takes you to another highway, 101, and the apartments are all but SPSCC, the industrial area and the mall. So. Much. Traffic.

We lived off 107 at Polo Club. Nice, but not worth as much as they kept raising their rent. And ownership changes like yearly for some reason. Across the street was a nice conplex, Country Club Villas, and down the road away was Summers Manor which was beautiful. DH loved the area because of the Chehalis trail, good for biking and running. There's a berry farm across Yelm Hwy and everything you need is in close radius, yet still quiet.

I forgot the built a couple newer complexes too, one off Yelm Hwy and another that starts with a T off I think 18th.... not that helpful but those were both super nice too haha.

Tons of budget friendly apartments off 108 on College street but you risk hitting ever single light which can make a long commute.

111/114 is where you most likely want to be. Brittany Lane was a cheaper but nicer community but Polo Club bought them last year so now I'm not sure. They were a sister community to Abbey Rowe and Madison but those two are more expensive. Nisqually Ridge we looked at a couple times, they are in front of a high school and not updated last we looked but they're okay and great for the price. Only problem is finding an opening because they're pretty sought after due to the cost. Also they have EVERYTHING over there.

A friend of mine lived in Talisman and Ensign off 107, it's across from St. Petes Hospital but she said she didn't mind. There's a few others over that way but again to get on the highway you'll hit a few lights.

Also, no AC in the apartments or most houses out there. It's just a Washington thing haha. Most often a couple fans can do the trick but there's usually a few brutal days.
  4. Senior Member

You live on post don't you? Or am I making stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post

Don't go off 104, that takes you to another highway, 101, and the apartments are all but SPSCC, the industrial area and the mall. So. Much. Traffic.

We lived off 107 at Polo Club. Nice, but not worth as much as they kept raising their rent. And ownership changes like yearly for some reason. Across the street was a nice conplex, Country Club Villas, and down the road away was Summers Manor which was beautiful. DH loved the area because of the Chehalis trail, good for biking and running. There's a berry farm across Yelm Hwy and everything you need is in close radius, yet still quiet.

I forgot the built a couple newer complexes too, one off Yelm Hwy and another that starts with a T off I think 18th.... not that helpful but those were both super nice too haha.

Tons of budget friendly apartments off 108 on College street but you risk hitting ever single light which can make a long commute.

111/114 is where you most likely want to be. Brittany Lane was a cheaper but nicer community but Polo Club bought them last year so now I'm not sure. They were a sister community to Abbey Rowe and Madison but those two are more expensive. Nisqually Ridge we looked at a couple times, they are in front of a high school and not updated last we looked but they're okay and great for the price. Only problem is finding an opening because they're pretty sought after due to the cost. Also they have EVERYTHING over there.

A friend of mine lived in Talisman and Ensign off 107, it's across from St. Petes Hospital but she said she didn't mind. There's a few others over that way but again to get on the highway you'll hit a few lights.

Also, no AC in the apartments or most houses out there. It's just a Washington thing haha. Most often a couple fans can do the trick but there's usually a few brutal days.
    I really appreciate all the information! Very helpful.

5. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

jamie lives in the Spanaway area.

I live on base.

Lacey is a nice area. If he worked on the Lewis side we'd entertain the idea of living there. I think Olympia would be too far of a drive but that's just me personally. He doesn't like a long commute (and if it's longer than 15 mins, it's too long for him).

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

DH grew up in Tenino which is like 15 miles from Lacey and he said he liked the area! Tenino is like 35 miles from Lewis though so I doubt you guys would want to drive that far, plus it is a tiny little town I don't really have anything substantial to contribute because I don't know the area that well but we visited Lacey a few years back and it wasn't so bad!

7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    jamie lives in the Spanaway area.

I live on base.

Lacey is a nice area. If he worked on the Lewis side we'd entertain the idea of living there. I think Olympia would be too far of a drive but that's just me personally. He doesn't like a long commute (and if it's longer than 15 mins, it's too long for him).
    Ahh okay. And If I can manage a ten minute commute or less I would I don't blame him! That's the advantage of living in the barracks is normally, work is right across the street. Nothing like a two minute walk to work!

Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    DH grew up in Tenino which is like 15 miles from Lacey and he said he liked the area! Tenino is like 35 miles from Lewis though so I doubt you guys would want to drive that far, plus it is a tiny little town I don't really have anything substantial to contribute because I don't know the area that well but we visited Lacey a few years back and it wasn't so bad!
    Yeah that's probably too far so long as we are both in the military still, but if we stayed in WA, it's an idea!

8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    You live on post don't you? Or am I making stuff up?

I really appreciate all the information! Very helpful.
    No, in Spanaway- the Graham/Fredrickson area.

It only takes DH about 25mins to get to work/from work. It's not bad at all and we were used to driving that bc thats pretty much the commute weve had from each base we've been too So it's not a big deal.

And def what Caitlin said about the a/c. I didnt see that in the OP for some reason. SOME houses DO have a/c but most don't either, even newer builds. HOwever, we have a portable a/c in our room so its not so bad now. Its similar to a window unit, but doesn't take up the window space like a window unit. They are usually pretty pricey but WORTH it so so much!!
  9. Senior Member

No, in Spanaway- the Graham/Fredrickson area.

It only takes DH about 25mins to get to work/from work. It's not bad at all and we were used to driving that bc thats pretty much the commute weve had from each base we've been too So it's not a big deal.

And def what Caitlin said about the a/c. I didnt see that in the OP for some reason. SOME houses DO have a/c but most don't either, even newer builds. HOwever, we have a portable a/c in our room so its not so bad now. Its similar to a window unit, but doesn't take up the window space like a window unit. They are usually pretty pricey but WORTH it so so much!!
    Yeah I know AC can be a rare find. It's entirely ridiculous to me but whatever. WA people are just weird.
    How much did the portable AC unit cost, if I may ask?

And I'd consider living near the Spanaway/Federal Way area but the traffic around 127 is always SOOOO so bad after work!!! I couldn't imagine driving in that.

10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    Ahh okay. And If I can manage a ten minute commute or less I would I don't blame him! That's the advantage of living in the barracks is normally, work is right across the street. Nothing like a two minute walk to work!
    No kidding! I bet! He actually has been looking at houses for rent over by where Jamie lives and has been considering moving off base if he doesn't get PCS orders before the year is out.

I didn't see the part about AC in the OP either. It's rare to find a place here with it. I don't get why either because yeah sure it doesn't get over 100 like it does other places but the summer here can (and does) get pretty hot! Our house doesn't have AC. During this past summer the kids and I slept downstairs in the living room with the windows open because it was a literal Hell upstairs.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast