Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments/Colleges in the JBLM area

1. Senior Member

Apartments/Colleges in the JBLM area

Advertisements
    Ello everyone! I am currently stationed at JBLM, and live in the barracks on post as I am not married. But I plan on staying in the area now after I get out.

So I need to recruit some help!

Probably most important is I now need to change my college... I had intended to go to Ohio State but am no long returning to my HOR. So what can you guys and gals tell me about the colleges in the area (I'd really prefer not to have to drive to Seattle!) that have elementary teaching programs? Anybody know anything? Or can you at least tell me a bit about the college itself? Have you or someone you know well attended? Is it a good school? Would you recommend it?

Secondly, are apartments! I know a lot of places around base are known for being kind of... iffy areas to live. So where are some afforadable 2 bedroom apartments (possibly a one bed. if large enough) that are still no more than a twenty minute (not during rush hour! I wouldn't normally be driving to base during the PT/morning/lunch rushes) drive from post? Keeping college campuses in mind as well. And they need to be pet-friendly, for at least one cat!

Thanks
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I'm in the area but I live on base and don't go to school... so my post is pointless.

But ~

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Not from the area, cant help, but as someone who went to THE Ohio State University, you should totally go there. I miss it so much
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

There's a few out there. It just depends what you're looking for. South Sound CC and Sain't Martin's University are south of base. North is another CC in Tacoma. U of Washington, and the other big one up in Seattle....
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    I'm in the area but I live on base and don't go to school... so my post is pointless.

But ~
    Haha not totally pointless, you made me laugh. Hi!
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Not from the area, cant help, but as someone who went to THE Ohio State University, you should totally go there. I miss it so much
    I really do want to go there... My sister started there this year, she goes to the Newark campus and she seems to be loving it. Being from OH I'd rather go there over anywhere else but... DB lives here in Washington and I'll be spending enough time away from him with the deployment and field and all that... And there will be plenty more to come. So I'm not moving back. I can get just as good of an education here in Washington if I do the research and find the right school for me.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    There's a few out there. It just depends what you're looking for. South Sound CC and Sain't Martin's University are south of base. North is another CC in Tacoma. U of Washington, and the other big one up in Seattle....
    Do you know anything about those schools or their programs, by chance? I know I can do some online research myself, and I have been, but it's always good to hear it from someone who actually knows firsthand (or perhaps knows secondhand haha!).
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    UW has a campus in Tacoma downtown. I dont know much about the other colleges though. As far as apartments I know there is lots to choose from in Puyallup/South Hill. That is where we lived at first and I loved it a lot.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    UW has a campus in Tacoma downtown. I dont know much about the other colleges though. As far as apartments I know there is lots to choose from in Puyallup/South Hill. That is where we lived at first and I loved it a lot.
    What apartments in particular did you live at, if you don't mind me asking?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This post is a little old but Clover Park Technical College is an option. That's where my husband and I went. Pierce college as well. I prefer to stay in Tacoma area, Puyallup is kind of spendy for rent.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast