Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apartments/Colleges in the JBLM area

1. Senior Member

Advertisements
    I actually visited Clover Park on an ACAP "field trip." But they have very specific programs and none have to do with teaching. Isn't Pierce all online?

I'm thinking about the Lacey currently. Know much about the area? I think the price range and area is better than my other options, plus less traffic to/from post from what I hear.
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    The cost of living down by Lacey is less expensive than up north. Traffic will always suck on I-5, but a lot of military lives in and around Lacey so it must be doable

I believe Pierce is online and in person. Do you want to stay up north? If you're thinking of living in Lacey then SPSCC in Oly would be an option.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member

I don't necessarily care if it's north or south, but it still needs to be close to base because DB is going to be active duty still and I don't want him traveling far, nor do I want to have to travel far if I go to the base for him for some reason or another. Now that he and I are planning to live together (as he kinda moved into my barracks room a month before his deployment and we plan to continue this upon his return), when I get an apartment he will have input as well. Because it will no longer be "my" apartment, obviously. DB is kinda on the fence when it comes to north versus south.

When it comes down to it, it's the rent+traffic to base+ability to have at least one pet that are the huge factors.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

As long as you don't go past exit 107 you won't be too far from post for traffic to make that much of a difference. Most of it clears once you hit 114 anyway. We lived down off Yelm Highway for 3 years before moving on base, and it took him just as long commute wise even though we were that much closer. (He worked on North Fort but we lived on McChord.)

There's quite a few apartments off 111, they're all pretty nice and reasonable for the area. 107 most apartments are a little drive off the exit but still not far. Where we lived I didn't even have to get on I5 to get to SPSCC which was nice because driving that way in the morning got a little crazy.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    As long as you don't go past exit 107 you won't be too far from post for traffic to make that much of a difference. Most of it clears once you hit 114 anyway. We lived down off Yelm Highway for 3 years before moving on base, and it took him just as long commute wise even though we were that much closer. (He worked on North Fort but we lived on McChord.)

There's quite a few apartments off 111, they're all pretty nice and reasonable for the area. 107 most apartments are a little drive off the exit but still not far. Where we lived I didn't even have to get on I5 to get to SPSCC which was nice because driving that way in the morning got a little crazy.
    Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! I haven't really been south very many times so I don't know much about the areas or what is available where. 111 wouldn't be bad. 107 seems like it'd be a bit further than I would like but I would have to drive out that way to really know.

6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    I actually visited Clover Park on an ACAP "field trip." But they have very specific programs and none have to do with teaching. Isn't Pierce all online?

I'm thinking about the Lacey currently. Know much about the area? I think the price range and area is better than my other options, plus less traffic to/from post from what I hear.
    See, we found the opposite. We got more for our money here in Puyallup- the Graham/Fredrickson/Canyon area, especially when we looked into buying houses. We got far more for our money here than what we'd get in Lacey/Tacoma/Federal Way areas.

We rarely hit that much traffic and don't take I5 to get to base. Granted, we got to McChord which IMO is less busy anyways lol.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I've kinda of been doing so much market research on college based "fun"/ "support groups" on campus within the northwestern and southern regions of the west coast, that apartment hunting has been a really huge focus while attempting to get adjusted to the right setting As a forwarding photojournalist. I would love to hear what colleges have the best suited apartments for someone looking to transfer or move. Very interesting topic��
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Check Out, UCR or UC Irvine
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Berkeley and San Francisco State , and oh yeah Sacramento State have really nice campus within great amenities in the apartments near the school. I even thought about the university of Washington(UW) some of my best friends are currently attending and are alumni.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12