Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bay Area Northern California!

1. Regular Member

Bay Area Northern California!

Advertisements
    Anyone else located in the Bay Area of Northern California? I am new to the area and am looking for tips, things to do, places to see, and people to meet! =) My name is Allison, I am 21. My husband is in the Coast Guard and I am a full time college student!
  2. Senior Member

Not stationed there but my niece and nephew lived there and we visited them. We ended up going to San Fransico to Alkatraz and doing all that fun tourist stuff.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Not stationed there but my niece and nephew lived there and we visited them. We ended up going to San Fransico to Alkatraz and doing all that fun tourist stuff.
    That's Awesome! I just came up here a little less than a year ago and haven't done as much exploring as I have wanted to. I have been to San Fran a couple times but still really want to go to Alkatraz. I was going to go and had made plans and everything then the next morning the government shutdown happened and they closed Alkatraz down for tourists.
  4. Senior Member
    I grew up in Guerneville (about 45 minutes from Two Rock) and my husband grew up out on the coast and we lived in Santa Rosa for years. There's so much to do around there! Of course you can go south to the city and all that or you can go north up hwy 1 or 101 and go to the wineries or to Armstrong Woods or Bodega, tons of stuff. Point Reyes is also awesome and not too far from you guys. You can get a map of the different state beaches at the welcome center or the Ranger stations out on hwy 1 up by Salmon Creek and see which ones have trails or other things to do. There's so much to explore and this is the best time of year out there. Let me know if you have any more specific questions!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I live near Sacramento and go to school there. I am also 21 My soon to be DH is in an army reserve unit in Sacramento, and he is currently in AIT in AZ. There is a bunch of fun stuff to do in the Bay Area and along the coast! San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit, and the Santa Cruz/Capitola area is really nice.
  6. Senior Member
    I went to school up there and loved every moment. I miss it up there. I'm just south of San Francisco if you ever make it into the south bay
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissred View Post
    I went to school up there and loved every moment. I miss it up there. I'm just south of San Francisco if you ever make it into the south bay
    Hi, I just got started on here, trying to find people from the south bay, I'm in Campbell. Just getting oriented here, so please bare with me cool to find a site to get in touch with other significant others, I don't have any friends that find themselves in our predicament haha
  8. Regular Member
    My husband is stationed at Travis so we are in the Bay Area
  9. sassypants
    sassypants
    I live in south bay

Work on the Pennisula

What college do you go to?
    rocket_liz is my wifey