Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kitsap, WA Area - Photography

  1. Senior Member
    KayteeLuff's Avatar
    KayteeLuff is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    317
    #1

    Kitsap, WA Area - Photography

    Advertisements
    Hi, I am in the Kitsap area and I am looking for a Photographer, any suggestions?
    I found a few in the area, but they are very expensive and they don't even give you prints. I would hate to pay more than $100 and only get a CD.
    I'm not sure if I'm asking too much, but back home I can get a 1 hour session for $35 and get some prints with it. I'm not asking for that cheap (unless it's possible ) but no more than $85 if they're not even going to give me prints. Thank you.
  2. Senior Member
    daisyluvbug's Avatar
    daisyluvbug is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,935
    #2
    The woman who did our wedding photos is in Tacoma. I'm not familiar with her pricing, but, it doesn't hurt to ask her. She has some awesome shots. Dorothy Dean Photography

    ETA: We had our photos done in HI when her husband was stationed here. Our hubbies were in the same unit and we became close personal friends over the course of our time there so our photos were free of charge and helped build her portfolio.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #3
    I don't think she does prints yet but Adrienne LaBare is doing some stuff , like xmas minis for i think 40$ or something...


    I do photography too but mostly newborn and maternity
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    KarmaRocks's Avatar
    KarmaRocks is offline
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,212
    #4
    $35.00 for an hour AND prints?

    Just remember, you get what you pay for. A good photographer who values their work is going to charge you a fair price, for both of you. The time involved in shooting, culling, editing and presenting the work is worth way more than $35.00.





    "Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaRocks View Post
    $35.00 for an hour AND prints?

    Just remember, you get what you pay for. A good photographer who values their work is going to charge you a fair price, for both of you. The time involved in shooting, culling, editing and presenting the work is worth way more than $35.00.
    This

    I honestly only provide a CD in my base price because that way you can make as many prints as you'd in whatever sizes you prefer.

    Have you tried googling photographers in your area and then checking out their portfolios? I know a lot of photographers tend to run a lot of deals around the fall and holiday season.


  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    This

    I honestly only provide a CD in my base price because that way you can make as many prints as you'd in whatever sizes you prefer.

    Have you tried googling photographers in your area and then checking out their portfolios? I know a lot of photographers tend to run a lot of deals around the fall and holiday season.

    Yep! That's why I only offer CD's right now. Even though I don't ever recommend it and give recommendations on the best places, a LOT of my clients tend to get their pictures printed at walmart, walgreens.

    And def check out the locals bc like Britt said, lots of discounts etc happening right now! If I families, i'd offer to meet up with you and take them but Adrienne is really good and you guys might could work something out. https://www.facebook.com/adriennelabarephotography
  7. Senior Member
    KayteeLuff's Avatar
    KayteeLuff is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    317
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyluvbug View Post
    The woman who did our wedding photos is in Tacoma. I'm not familiar with her pricing, but, it doesn't hurt to ask her. She has some awesome shots. Dorothy Dean Photography

    ETA: We had our photos done in HI when her husband was stationed here. Our hubbies were in the same unit and we became close personal friends over the course of our time there so our photos were free of charge and helped build her portfolio.
    Thanks! I will definitely check out.

    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I don't think she does prints yet but Adrienne LaBare is doing some stuff , like xmas minis for i think 40$ or something...


    I do photography too but mostly newborn and maternity
    Amazing! Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaRocks View Post
    $35.00 for an hour AND prints?

    Just remember, you get what you pay for. A good photographer who values their work is going to charge you a fair price, for both of you. The time involved in shooting, culling, editing and presenting the work is worth way more than $35.00.
    Just because she charges us $35 doesn't mean she doesn't value her work... She gives us a Military discount and we know her. I understand people aren't going to charge that cheap. But I will not pay over $100 for a digital copy of unedited photo's. Now that's a rip off.
  8. Senior Member
    KayteeLuff's Avatar
    KayteeLuff is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    317
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    This

    I honestly only provide a CD in my base price because that way you can make as many prints as you'd in whatever sizes you prefer.

    Have you tried googling photographers in your area and then checking out their portfolios? I know a lot of photographers tend to run a lot of deals around the fall and holiday season.
    I like the CD Idea, but I want at least one or 2 prints just for my weird OCD. Lol I just like to have a nice copy first. Maybe I'm just weird. I did try googling photographers, I got some hits, but all too expensive. I hope I don't sound like a cheapskate, I'm not. lol But, I wanted to see if anyone had any good experiences first.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KayteeLuff View Post
    Thanks! I will definitely check out.


    Amazing! Thanks!


    Just because she charges us $35 doesn't mean she doesn't value her work... She gives us a Military discount and we know her. I understand people aren't going to charge that cheap. But I will not pay over $100 for a digital copy of unedited photo's. Now that's a rip off.

    Wow, why is she giving you a cd with unedited pics?? I don't ever give out unedited pictures.


    Did you find a photographer yet? What kind of pictures are you looking for? Couple-y type?
  10. Fresh Newbie
    colieCat's Avatar
    colieCat is offline
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma/Bangor, wa
    Posts
    5
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KayteeLuff View Post
    Thanks! I will definitely check out.


    Amazing! Thanks!


    Just because she charges us $35 doesn't mean she doesn't value her work... She gives us a Military discount and we know her. I understand people aren't going to charge that cheap. But I will not pay over $100 for a digital copy of unedited photo's. Now that's a rip off.
    I agree, giving a cd of unedited prints is odd. What kind of shots are you looking for? I'm in Tacoma, but working on building my portfolio, so my prices tend to be on the lower side.
    Facebook.com/liquidnitrogenphoto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •