Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whidbey Island, WA

1. Senior Member

Whidbey Island, WA

Advertisements
    Welp. There you have it. Headed there in April.

I don't know anything about WA, except what all the FB peeps post in my newsfeed. Any info is appreciated. I'd like to hear some "GOOD" things about it-if possible. LOL.

Who's there or nearby?

2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

My husband is from that area, Whidbey Island was like a hour drive when we visited in May. It was gorgeous.

I don't know much other than the scenery. I can ask DH about it but I've never really heard bad things about Washington but I know there's a lot of girls in Washington so maybe they can help!

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We're down at JBLM it's definitely no California but its going to be what you make of it. It rains here about 8-9 months of the year but te summers are beautiful and bearable. I think up there you get a bit more weather than we do farther south so I'm not a ton of help, but Washington is a really pretty state if you don't mind getting out and exploring!

Plus there's a ton in Seattle and with Anna getting older you'll be able to have a blast with her
  4. Senior Member
    Does it snow?
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yeah but barely! It's like 2 weeks tops of snow, and everything shuts down when it does

The only time it was really bad was last year; it would snow, melt, freeze, snow melt freeze. It was pretty bad only because they don't do much plowing or salting or anything. But being from Ohio it wasn't horrible for us since we've seen feet of snow.

Mostly winters will just be rain, and it doesn't even get too cold when it does. I wore flip flops our whole first winter here
  6. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Does it snow?
    Sometimes

We're at JBLM now too, which is about 1.5 hours away from Mukilteo (we'd catch the ferry there to get to Whidby but I think you can drive there too?). We used to live in Mukilteo and during the fall / winter, we did see A LOT of black ice as well as the occasional snow.

Like Franky mentioned, summers here are (for the most part) beautiful It seems to rain more farther north and tends to be darker / more dreary, but you do sort of get used to it (we're from SD, too and winter's here were a HUGE adjustment).
  7. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    Yeah but barely! It's like 2 weeks tops of snow, and everything shuts down when it does

The only time it was really bad was last year; it would snow, melt, freeze, snow melt freeze. It was pretty bad only because they don't do much plowing or salting or anything. But being from Ohio it wasn't horrible for us since we've seen feet of snow.

Mostly winters will just be rain, and it doesn't even get too cold when it does. I wore flip flops our whole first winter here
    Wow! We were freezing, lol

I seriously only wore my boots (Bear Paws) for like 5 months straight (exception was when I went to the gym and wore my running shoes...or was back in SD ). Our heaters were always on too
  8. Senior Member
    Yeah, we're all going to need an entire new wardrobe. HAH.

Where's the best places to live? We would like to avoid military housing.
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    It's freakin' beautiful! It's going to be much more small town than you're used to, and yes, it is gray and rains a lot more up there, but it really is beautiful. The summers are amazing. In April it'll be rainy when you get there, but it'll be starting to get nicer.

I'm so jealous!!!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    It is sooo pretty up there! Exdhs best friend & wife are stationed there now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast