Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Meetup...

1. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiduwop View Post
    I've never been, but everyone tells us such great things. We are mostly excited to be posted in civilization. Fort Drum has been rough on us. We are both from big places and Watertown, NY has been a bit of a culture shock. We are excited to start going out again... We always joke about how cool we used to be, lol.
    I'm from pretty big cities (Honolulu/Los Angeles/Vegas) and am now at JBLM - can't say that its great for going out out (like clubs, nicer restaurants, etc. unless you drive to like Seattle or Bellevue or pretty much anywhere other than Tacoma or Lakewood! ) IMO but it does have some good points when its not raining...and the summers here, while it can get freakin' HOT - can be really beautiful! Lots of outdoor activites, for sure
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    I'm from pretty big cities (Honolulu/Los Angeles/Vegas) and am now at JBLM - can't say that its great for going out out (like clubs, nicer restaurants, etc. unless you drive to like Seattle or Bellevue or pretty much anywhere other than Tacoma or Lakewood! ) IMO but it does have some good points when its not raining...and the summers here, while it can get freakin' HOT - can be really beautiful! Lots of outdoor activites, for sure
    But at least it's relatively close to Seattle. I definitely think a change of scenery will be good for us. I'm a little nervous about the rain though. I'm trading snow for rain!! I can't wait for career course and Georgia weather!
  3. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    But at least it's relatively close to Seattle. I definitely think a change of scenery will be good for us. I'm a little nervous about the rain though. I'm trading snow for rain!! I can't wait for career course and Georgia weather!
    I don't mind the drive, but its about an hour away (without traffic) and people here drive sloooooow. It does rain a lot here, but you get used to it for the most part - I love snow, but not sure I could handle living with it! You are definitely right about it being like GA weather - the humidity here...GAH!!! But, the sun is out today - so I can't complain (ATM)
  4. Senior Member
    We go to Benning for career course. This is a weird year for us. We will be at Lewis for less than a year then PCS to Benning for career course, then on to who knows. An hour is nothing!! Syracuse is almost an hour and a half away and there really isn't anything too great there besides dinosaur bbq and the mall.
  5. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    We go to Benning for career course. This is a weird year for us. We will be at Lewis for less than a year then PCS to Benning for career course, then on to who knows. An hour is nothing!! Syracuse is almost an hour and a half away and there really isn't anything too great there besides dinosaur bbq and the mall.
    I've only been to Gordon and Stewart, but I've heard Benning is great and huge (I think)! You'll be hitting all the seasons while at Lewis so it'll definitely be interesting I don't mind driving - but my DH tends to bitch about it Coming from San Diego and Vegas, the Asian food here leaves A LOT to be desired, and the BBQ, eh. The malls are decent though - well, in Seattle / Bellevue IMO of course - don't mean to offend anyone (if I have)!
  6. Senior Member
    Did we decide on a meet up? I would love to see some of you guys face to face.....
    proudarmygrlfrnd and PinkyLee are my WIFEYS!
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

dunno if anything was decided yet or not!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Nothing has been... This happens everytime

It's jut such a pain with the bases so spread out I think. But I'm definitely still interested.
  9. I like my beats fast and my bass down low
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoFranky. View Post
    Nothing has been... This happens everytime

It's jut such a pain with the bases so spread out I think. But I'm definitely still interested.
    Me too
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Well what is everyone interested in?? Do we wanna do a shopping trip get together?? Downtown get together for drinks one evening?? Tour of Seattle type deal?? Just the ladies?? guys and kids welcome??
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast