Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok Oregonians... help me...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad oregonian

Advertisements
    Hi,I have lived in oregon most my life,was born in seattle wash. moved to oregon at a young age...As for your question,oregon truly is beautiful,some areas better then others as all states...Portland has alot to offer,great resturants,shopping,shows,clubs....It is a big city so pretty busy,if you like that you will love it...I currently live in bend oregon,it is central,high desert...Beautiful here less rain more snow..I just joined this site in hopes of finding someone to talk to...My boyfriend just got reactivated and had to go to california,it has been very hard to be away from him,even harder that i dont hear from him as much....thank you.
  2. Senior Member
    Let me know if you'd like a die hard Oregonian to show you around! I'm in Eugene but love visiting Portland whenever I have an excuse
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

OREGON WOMEN

I have lived in Oregon off and on since the late 80s. Why Oregon no sales taxes, awesome outdoor stuff to do. Hiking camping coast mountains. I live closer to cal though about 6 hours south of portland 15 min, away from cal border. I hope you love it!
  4. verabot89
    verabot89
    Idk but I am moving to Portland (probably) in June! I went to visit it last week and really liked it. The transportation was great, it's an affordable urban area. Washington and Oregon are sooooooo pretty, and everyone was absurdly friendly. I love the food carts! I also love how there is a big focus on community and doing things locally.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    Idk but I am moving to Portland (probably) in June! I went to visit it last week and really liked it. The transportation was great, it's an affordable urban area. Washington and Oregon are sooooooo pretty, and everyone was absurdly friendly. I love the food carts! I also love how there is a big focus on community and doing things locally.
    Dh mentions all that, too. He is so excited to be going back, wish I could muster up the same excitement. I think for me it really has more to do with the fact that this will be the last PCS and it's "forever" after this. Kind of overwhelming to think about leaving this life I have known for 18 years, I joined the navy in 1994, met dh in 1995 and married in 1996 so our whole relationship/marriage revolved around the navy. So it will be a lot of adjusting on my part moving to a location I have never lived in and not being able to leave it in a few years on the gov's dime with new orders if we don't like it. But I think once I finish school and get onto working things will change for the better because I will be doing what I have always wanted and the location won't matter that much just as long as we're together. And it will be weird having dh home all. the. time.
  6. Senior Member
    I live just across the river in Vancouver, WA. We just bought a house here. DH is a recruiter but when he's done, we're coming back. I've lived all over the world and this is where I feel "home".

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog
  7. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Hold the phone. I did not know that you grew up in Fort Worth!! What high school? I graduated from Paschal!
  8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    You really don't need AC in Oregon, especially in the northern part of the state. If anything I'd install a split system in the bedroom.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  9. Senior Member

I totally missed the recent replies. Been so busy with school and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by KissTheRain View Post
    I live just across the river in Vancouver, WA. We just bought a house here. DH is a recruiter but when he's done, we're coming back. I've lived all over the world and this is where I feel "home".
    One of Dh's cousins lives there. I am in Tigard now, arrived on June 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Hold the phone. I did not know that you grew up in Fort Worth!! What high school? I graduated from Paschal!
    Seriously? I thought I told you. I went to a Christian private school in Denton, TX, Crystal's dh went there, too but a few years after I had graduated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    You really don't need AC in Oregon, especially in the northern part of the state. If anything I'd install a split system in the bedroom.
    Yeah, it's kind of chilly right now. I will be just south of Portland so yes the northern part of the state. I am looking for a house now.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I LOVE Oregon. I am so happy that I live there. I would never ever live in Portland though (yuck). I love the shopping and restaurants, but would prefer to drive there and leave when I am done. It is not a military friendly city compared to the other places in Oregon (Nothing beats Klamath Falls, seriously! Had someone anonymously pick up a platoon breakfast tab of over 200 dollars when we were doing a bonding morning at one of the local restaurants). Oregon as a whole is a beautiful state, you get a little bit of everything =) East of the Cascades is my favorite part of the state, but I will always have a soft spot for the Willamette Valley, as I went to Oregon State (Go Beavs). There's wineries everywhere, and I do believe Portland has the most breweries per capita in the nation (Last time I checked the stats).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12