Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How is Bremerton?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

How is Bremerton?

Advertisements
    So we are exploring all our options for locations because of Jacob's EFMP status.

Looking into Bremerton as well.

What is housing like? There are two that dh and I like Crescent Harbor and Oriole Street. Has anyone lived in either one? Are they nice? What is the area like?

We are now thinking about this area because my family is moving to Idaho in 2 years. They will only be 7 hours away. I NEED to stay close to my family( after losing my grandparents I NEED my family even more now).

Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated!
  2. I love my life!
    I love my life!
    Downtown bremerton is kinda the "ghetto" depending on where you would live.. But Bremerton has really nice areas also. Especially in E. Bremerton. Silverdale is a nice area also. We live in Belfair which is about 15 min from Bremerton. Are you getting stationed at Bangor or PSNS? They have military housing at Jackson Park and on base in Bangor.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Lots of nice places to live around there.
    Port Orchard is cute.
    Silverdale is nice, has a good mall, shopping.
    Paulsbo has Central market, very nice, but not always a quick commute to Bremerton.

Bremerton has its nice, and not so nice area's too, as all base towns tend to have.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thanks for the info! Not sure where we are going to end up at yet. I just know we would be homesteading where ever we go. Which is 6 plus year.

Want to make sure we pick a place that we will enjoy. We have a friend that lives up in Yakima( sp?) and family that will be moving to Idaho soon.
  5. blah blah blah
    blah blah blah
    [QUOTE=froglove;6233690]So we are exploring all our options for locations because of Jacob's EFMP status.

Looking into Bremerton as well.

What is housing like? There are two that dh and I like Crescent Harbor and Oriole Street. Has anyone lived in either one? Are they nice? What is the area like?

QUOTE]

Crescent Harbor and Oriole street are not in Bremerton - you are looking at Whidbey Island (Oak Harbor)
  6. Senior Member
    someone has been stabbed in jackson park before. i would steer clear. we live on the bangor sub base. the housing is pretty decent.

g. m. j.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We are up here in Bremerton. Rod is stationed at Bangor. I have been told by several of the peds here that they are trying to get downgraded from a Cat 4 hospital to a Cat 3 as they really are not set up or able to treat anything out of the "normal" childhood stuff. We travel 3 hours round trip to Madigan for ALL of Makkiah's care. I took him to the ER here once after he had his feeding tube placed and was told nothing was wrong. The next morning I took him back to the surgeon at Madigan where he was readmitted for two days because the balloon had popped and they had a terrible time replacing it. Then I took him to the ped here after Makkiah started complaining that his tummy hurt, again was told that everything looked fine. That night he started throwing up and having a hard time breathing, took him back to Madigan where he was readmitted for another two days and they discovered that the balloon of his feeding tube had migrated into his small intestine and was blocking his stomach from emptying.

They have been great with my healthy kids though.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl