Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: MIL Rescue Services

  1. Senior Member
    petsparkle's Avatar
    petsparkle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,131
    #1

    MIL Rescue Services

    Advertisements
    I love my MIL. I don't know if I've said that recently. She drove over from the next island across in her AWD car to come get me and DD out of the house. Took me to ACE to get ice melt, Walmart for more coloring books for DD (she's run out), and to Safeway for groceries. And we went to Applebees for dinner. It's a 30 minute trip each way for her and across a bridge that connects the island. I'm so thankful to her for coming. I feel a lot more sane now. 6 days without non-2 year old contact was getting to me a bit!

    Yey for my MIL!
  2. Senior Member
    instant_oatmeal's Avatar
    instant_oatmeal is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    12,706
    #2
    Thats awesome!!
  3. Senior Member
    petsparkle's Avatar
    petsparkle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,131
    #3
    I don't know if I could have done one more day without outside contact!
  4. Navy Wife
    Dani's Avatar
    Dani is offline
    Navy Wife
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Whidbey Island
    Posts
    4,958
    #4
    Yay for MIL's to the rescue! You did get brief contact on day 3?! I wish we could have stayed longer!
  5. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #5
    yay. i'm glad she made it thru. did you get enuf icemelt for the whole hill?
  6. Senior Member
    petsparkle's Avatar
    petsparkle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,131
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    Yay for MIL's to the rescue! You did get brief contact on day 3?! I wish we could have stayed longer!
    True, but since you didn't actually make it inside the house I'm not sure it counts. Plus it wasn't me getting out of this place. I love my house and all, but seriously, there's time for a break!

    Although funny thing just happened- Chester was playing out in the snow and came running to come back in, slid on the ice and did a full body check into the sliding glass door! Thankfully he (and the door) are okay. He just shook it off then came inside a little more slowly.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    yay. i'm glad she made it thru. did you get enuf icemelt for the whole hill?
    I wish. All I could get was this solar blue ice thing. Although my neighbors kid was out when we got back (she loves Rowan) and offered to shovel my driveway tomorrow! Yey!!

    So things are really looking up here.
  7. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    True, but since you didn't actually make it inside the house I'm not sure it counts. Plus it wasn't me getting out of this place. I love my house and all, but seriously, there's time for a break!

    Although funny thing just happened- Chester was playing out in the snow and came running to come back in, slid on the ice and did a full body check into the sliding glass door! Thankfully he (and the door) are okay. He just shook it off then came inside a little more slowly.


    I wish. All I could get was this solar blue ice thing. Although my neighbors kid was out when we got back (she loves Rowan) and offered to shovel my driveway tomorrow! Yey!!

    So things are really looking up here.
    i can totally visualize. that sounds very chester. didn't you say he went thru the door, maybe it was the screen, once before?

    lu & i played in the backyard earlier, just before sundown. it was still rather warm & she enjoyed eating the snow & bouncing about.
  8. Senior Member
    petsparkle's Avatar
    petsparkle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,131
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i can totally visualize. that sounds very chester. didn't you say he went thru the door, maybe it was the screen, once before?

    lu & i played in the backyard earlier, just before sundown. it was still rather warm & she enjoyed eating the snow & bouncing about.
    Yup. He's gone through 3 screens. Funnily enough, he would probably have broken the screen had it been up, but it's in the garage waiting for the nicer weather to come back so I can go get it rescreened! lol
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Shania7337's Avatar
    Shania7337 is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    29,609

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    I don't know if I could have done one more day without outside contact!
    It's been weeks since I saw another adult. Trust me, you'd survive

    YAY for MIL!
  10. Senior Member
    rcwant2be's Avatar
    rcwant2be is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    Yup. He's gone through 3 screens. Funnily enough, he would probably have broken the screen had it been up, but it's in the garage waiting for the nicer weather to come back so I can go get it rescreened! lol
    lol. you can't help but love him tho. he's such a ham. i hope lu's not too put off by his insistance to have fun rather than sleep all day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •