Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sound Focus tomorrow

1. Senior Member

Sound Focus tomorrow

Advertisements
    Okay, since I got told off for not telling people I was going to be on King 5 last week, I figure I better tell you guys ahead of time that I'll be on Sound Focus (local NPR in Seattle) tomorrow at 2:50pm. My interview is at 11:30am (fingers crossed it goes well!) and it airs later that day. This is my first in-studio radio interview. Normally I do them over the phone. So this is another first for me.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

yay! you're gonna do great. do you know if i can listen online? i'll be at work when it airs...no radio.

mmmmmm...lunch!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    yay! you're gonna do great. do you know if i can listen online? i'll be at work when it airs...no radio.

mmmmmm...lunch!
    I think you can: http://www.kuow.org/program.php?current=SF click on Listen Live.

They said it will air at 2:50pm, so I'm guessing it's probably only going to be 10 minutes.

I'm seriously drooling for Indian food. I'm so glad you work 2 blocks from where I'll be and know good restaurants around there!
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    I think you can: http://www.kuow.org/program.php?current=SF click on Listen Live.

They said it will air at 2:50pm, so I'm guessing it's probably only going to be 10 minutes.

I'm seriously drooling for Indian food. I'm so glad you work 2 blocks from where I'll be and know good restaurants around there!
    Hey, I took her to that awesome Indian place.....

RC you stole my favorite resturant!
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post

It's okay, she did tell me that you told her about it

If you're not doing anything at noon tomorrow, you could come join us...
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post

it's not my favorite restaurant. i billed it as "really good indian place that rei took me to". it was either suggest that or have lissa meet me on a street corner...plus i know its veg friendly.

want to come????
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I listened. If they podcast it, which I think they will, I can convert it to mp3 and snip out your portion, if you'd like. A lil something I learned while making my own ringtones.

You were great, altho, compared to the interviewer who was typical npr calm and soothing, you were quite bubbly.

They seem to get stuck on rowan and navy tho. Too bad they can't ask some more diverse questions. Military is not all about deployments and kids. There's so much more people don't know...which is why there's a book.

Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    I listened. If they podcast it, which I think they will, I can convert it to mp3 and snip out your portion, if you'd like. A lil something I learned while making my own ringtones.

You were great, altho, compared to the interviewer who was typical npr calm and soothing, you were quite bubbly.

They seem to get stuck on rowan and navy tho. Too bad they can't ask some more diverse questions. Military is not all about deployments and kids. There's so much more people don't know...which is why there's a book.

Posted via Mobile Device
    It's up on their site now. http://www.kuow.org/rss.php?program=focus my part starts at 43:37 on the file. If you can snip it, that would be great!

I've discovered that even though they can edit, they don't always Another time I'll treat it like a live one. Ooops.

He wanted a very narrow specific focus to talk about, so I suggested deployments, but yeah, I was hoping to get more "general" info out, but he did tell me they were more interested in personal experiences for that show, so I knew most of it would be talking about my family. But I got to plug Daddy Dolls <insert shameless plug for www.hugahero.com> so that was good.

It's all a learning experience for me. This was my first studio interview so that was very new for me.

Lunch was fab! Although another time I should bring a curry back for Chris! He was glad for the naan, but would have preferred a curry too. LOL