Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any of you wa types downhill skiiers?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

any of you wa types downhill skiiers?

Advertisements
    I used to ski weekly when I was in hs cuz I grew up about 45 mins from mi's best ski hills.

I'd like to get back into skiing but am not sure about wa skiing. Note I said "ski hill" not mountain. I'm also wondering if I can even get to the resort in a rear wheel drive mustang. I'd buy skis if I knew I could make it up there somewhat regularly.

Anyone ski?

Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Im crazy, the good kind
    Im crazy, the good kind
    dammit Im a huge skier...but no where near you
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No idea how to ski, but someday I'd like to learn how to snowboard
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    decent skiing in snoquamie area, hour east of seattle.
    Maybe with chains on your tires...but still wouldn't risk going over the mountains in such a light car...
    whistler is north of you...never been but heard it is fantastic
    base has shuttle buses and packages...
    I'm a morning snowboarder...3 hours on hill, then lodge and liquor rest of the day.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TallBlondie82 View Post
    dammit Im a huge skier...but no where near you
    We will just have to have a Washington/Tillion ski-2-gether
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Yup I ski. Been doing it since I was 10 yrs old. Grew up in BC so I had 3 different mountains only 30mins away and skied Whistler every weekend.
  7. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    I used to ski weekly when I was in hs cuz I grew up about 45 mins from mi's best ski hills.

I'd like to get back into skiing but am not sure about wa skiing. Note I said "ski hill" not mountain. I'm also wondering if I can even get to the resort in a rear wheel drive mustang. I'd buy skis if I knew I could make it up there somewhat regularly.

Anyone ski?

Posted via Mobile Device
    I do. I do. I do! I went every weekend from when I was 8-16 but then I moved to AZ and just moved back this year. I miss it soooooo much. I kick ass too. Was on a race team for a while but my parents couldn't afford it. My dad got a season pass this year for Steven's Pass and wants to take me with him a few times. We've always gone to Stevens, we have a cabin we stay at for the weekend.

OMG I was just thinking that'd be so cool if we could make a skiing g2g!! Make a whole day of it, meet up, take one vehicle and ski/ride and have drinks at the lodge. That'd be so cool!
  8. Regular Member
    i dont ski,grew up in mexico near the cost so no mountains or snow there...someday i would lern how to tho

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    decent skiing in snoquamie area, hour east of seattle.
    Maybe with chains on your tires...but still wouldn't risk going over the mountains in such a light car...
    whistler is north of you...never been but heard it is fantastic
    base has shuttle buses and packages...
    I'm a morning snowboarder...3 hours on hill, then lodge and liquor rest of the day.
    i'm a gf. no id.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaKLaF View Post
    I do. I do. I do! I went every weekend from when I was 8-16 but then I moved to AZ and just moved back this year. I miss it soooooo much. I kick ass too. Was on a race team for a while but my parents couldn't afford it. My dad got a season pass this year for Steven's Pass and wants to take me with him a few times. We've always gone to Stevens, we have a cabin we stay at for the weekend.

OMG I was just thinking that'd be so cool if we could make a skiing g2g!! Make a whole day of it, meet up, take one vehicle and ski/ride and have drinks at the lodge. That'd be so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    Yup I ski. Been doing it since I was 10 yrs old. Grew up in BC so I had 3 different mountains only 30mins away and skied Whistler every weekend.

oooooooooooh...i sense a regular skiing g2g should happen. i just need someone to pick me up in renton. i'm on the way.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i'm a gf. no id.
    That doesn't matter if someone else is buying. ITT actually lets you "creat your own trip" where we can choose exactly what we want to do, and they will arrange it and get us the best deals. It's pretty cool. You can see the packages and whatnot on www.navylifepnw.com for this region.

We go to Mt. Baker BTW. They have some good "beginner" slopes which is better for people like me! I've been snowboarding, but I think this year I'm going back to skis.

We're going to take a trip up there before DH goes on deployment so we can have a weekend up there with DD and she can ski for the first time!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast