Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Desperate for a GOOD hair salon!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Desperate for a GOOD hair salon!

Advertisements
    We live in Lacey, but I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance. I tried searching on Google, but hardly any salons had reviews. Anyone have a super good stylist that's local? I'm really picky.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat as you...The last place I went to butchered my hair. I did go see this one stylist to fix it (she was recommended). She works at Hairmasters (not my first choice for salons) on the corner of Martin Way and Marvin Rd in Lacey. Her name is Dawn. Might want to try her.

PS...I was very very happy with her. I think they do consultations before hand as well. Let me know I can get you her number.
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    What's your price range? I always go up to Seattle.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Theres a place on 6th Ave in Tacoma that I really like called Chemel Salon. I've been going there for almost a year now, and I have really liked everything they've done with my hair. I did go to a girl named Becky, who is great, but she went on vacation and I got booked with a girl named Randee instead, who knows curly hair better than Becky, so I've stuck with her. You should check it out!!!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't really have a price range, because I know that you get what you pay for. I like someone who can do a skilled cut and won't screw up on my color. I generally pay about $30-$40 for a cut, and upwards of $65 for color.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you...The last place I went to butchered my hair. I did go see this one stylist to fix it (she was recommended). She works at Hairmasters (not my first choice for salons) on the corner of Martin Way and Marvin Rd in Lacey. Her name is Dawn. Might want to try her.

PS...I was very very happy with her. I think they do consultations before hand as well. Let me know I can get you her number.
    I am pretty sure I saw Hairmasters, but thought it looked like a cheapie salon? Is it like a Hair Cuttery or something, or is it nicer?
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Try the Marie Alice Salon in downtown Olympia. I believe the sylist I liked was named Naomi? I live too far noth to go there, but I hae a riend that will only go to that salon and her hair is always beatiful

Hair Masters is a cheapie salon, IMO. They can still have good stylists, but it's harder to find them.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    I don't really have a price range, because I know that you get what you pay for. I like someone who can do a skilled cut and won't screw up on my color. I generally pay about $30-$40 for a cut, and upwards of $65 for color.

I am pretty sure I saw Hairmasters, but thought it looked like a cheapie salon? Is it like a Hair Cuttery or something, or is it nicer?
    Thats what I thought too when I drove past it. I really dont go to places like that but someone I know recommended the one stylist that works there so that was really the only reason why I did go there. I've had bad experiences in the past with such salons but again it was the stylist and not the salon itself.
  8. Senior Member
    I just found the business card of another place I use to go to in Olympia. It's called Alleinad. The stylist's name is Tracy. Shes really good too. I just stopped going because I wanted something closer to me.
  9. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    If you are willing to drive up to Seattle then I recommend Diversity Salon in Montlake Terrace. Linard is the owner and a really good friend of mine. He is excellent at hair of all kinds and is super nice too. I just took Peppermint Rei there and I think she is a convert now too!!! PM me if you want the info..
    Missing my