Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: OB near Ft. Lewis

1. Senior Member

OB near Ft. Lewis

Advertisements
    need to change my PC to WA.

any good Pediatricians, OB and General Dr's.

any help is appreciated.
  2. Senior Member
    I HIGHLY recommend the St. Joseph Women's Clinic. They also have pediatricians through the same facility. We're going to be seeing Dr. Overstreet at the St. Joseph Medical center (for our little guy)

I DO NOT recommend Babycatchers and Beyond. Dr. Ho is one of those "you're sick until proven healthy" doctors and she just takes on too many patients. We waited 2 hours past our appointment time almost every time we went to see her.
  3. Senior Member
    thanks. they take tricare prime? are they're copays expensive?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. LA View Post
    thanks. they take tricare prime? are they're copays expensive?
    I'm on Standard. Copays are not set by the doctors, they're set by your insurance company. If you're on Tricare prime you won't have copays. However, if you're on Tricare prime, you will most likely have to go to Madigan. I switched because I hated going to Madigan. They're unprofessional and I was misdiagnosed there twice and we won't even go into how I was treated there!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    I'm on Standard. Copays are not set by the doctors, they're set by your insurance company. If you're on Tricare prime you won't have copays. However, if you're on Tricare prime, you will most likely have to go to Madigan. I switched because I hated going to Madigan. They're unprofessional and I was misdiagnosed there twice and we won't even go into how I was treated there!
    Were you unable to get a waiver to be seen off-post? Those are my intentions when I get there, and just wondering how difficult it might be.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    Were you unable to get a waiver to be seen off-post? Those are my intentions when I get there, and just wondering how difficult it might be.
    No, but I fought like the dickens to try to! IMO Madigan is that bad. However, I guess right now they're handing them out like candy. At least that's what I heard.
    All you can do is try.
    So, I had to go to the Tricare office and switch to Standard (you don't have to do that if you get a referral to be seen off post).
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    No, but I fought like the dickens to try to! IMO Madigan is that bad. However, I guess right now they're handing them out like candy. At least that's what I heard.
    All you can do is try.
    So, I had to go to the Tricare office and switch to Standard (you don't have to do that if you get a referral to be seen off post).
    How do you like Standard? I considered it, but it looked expensive.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    How do you like Standard? I considered it, but it looked expensive.
    I the freedom I have with it. It is a little pricey, but if you don't go to the dr a lot or if you're pregnant, it's really not. I've changed doctors 3 times since I've been pregnant and I've finally found someone I feel comfortable with. Knowing that I can trust my midwife gives me peace of mind like you wouldn't believe, and that is worth more than a copay!

Really, the only downside to Standard (for me) are the copays, but like I said, unless you go to the doctor a lot, you're good. Oh, and you can still get RXs filled at the Madigan pharmacy (which will save you on RX copays), the biggest thing you have to worry about is what is formulary and what isn't. They only carry formulary drugs there.
  9. Senior Member
    My kids and I see Dr. Kathleen Morgan, she has an office in both Dupont and Lakewood. She is a family Dr. does everything from paps to baby well check ups. She is an amazing Dr., very sweet caring and good with children as she is a mom herself. I go to the office in Dupont, which off the 118 exit, the staff is wonderful. I really recommend her. She takes Tricare, we have Tricare prime. We never have any co payments. I live off post so we got to choose where to go.