Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Visiting the Stennis

1. Regular Member

Visiting the Stennis

Advertisements
    My DF works for an air wing that will be deploying on the Stennis next year. They also deployed with the Stennis on the last deployment. I have saved up some extra money b/c I want to meet DF in one of the ports during the deployment. Does anyone else go and visit ports? Any certain place recommended?
    My Sailor Is Home!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

working out port visits can be tough because of opsec. db is on the stennis. i'd like to see him on a port visit but i dunno if it's worth it, since i could miss the ship alltogether.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Occassionally they will let spouces know about a specific port visit. However, even up until the last minute, it is never a certainty, as is everything in the military. Last year a load of families went to Hong Kong (I think it was), the ship got there, but political BS caused them to turn around. All those families flew there for nothing.
    Moral of the story...You can plan around the schedule, but you can't have faith in the schedule.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    My Dh is getting out right when the stennis goes out but he was on the last cruise and my friends went to Bahrain and it was super expensive because they couldnt order there tickets to far in advance and also they said it was super super super hot... like miserable!!!
  5. Senior Member
    I would love to but like everyone else said its really hard to plan something.