Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: first time moving as a Navy wife

1. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat

Confused first time moving as a Navy wife

Advertisements
    So I finally made it to Washington. My guy and I live in Smokey Point area now... it was a real crazy moving experience getting here (not to mention my first as a wife) but we're here now... well at least I am. My husband had to leave me here after moving to Washington for school in Chicago. We got here on the July 1st with our dog, found a house on the 5th, moved in on the 7th and he left on the 12th. Since then I had all our stuff delivered and setup, Iím still unpacking though. I'm lonely here... I mean its beautiful here and I love it but after marrying my husband while he was on shore duty and getting to see him almost everyday for 2 years itís hard having to be in a new place completely by myself, I miss not having my playmate around.
    It don't know how Iím going to deal when he goes on his first deployment. All you girlfriends, wives and othersÖ I don't know how you are so strong; I hope I can learn from all of you who have been through this before me.

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  2. Senior Member
    I'm across the country, but only a PM away. If you need to chat, send a message.

I suggest a few things. First, post in the Southwestern Section Forum (I see you have 18 posts and are new to the site) there are a handful of girls/ladies up in that area. Find out who your FRG President is for your command, introduce yourself. There should be a social roster (other wives, contact info) for walking, shopping friend, if you have kid or kids, sometimes there are playgroups. Check out your FRG command functions, they are normally 1x a month (you will hear missed things people like it, they don't, etc) go and introduce yourself, check it out, form your own opionon. After you get situated, find a hobby. Sometime to occupy your time with and if you need anything at all. Just PM me.
    k?

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  3. nocent04

in the same boat

i know how you feel. we just got married last month, moved to lynnwood july 18th, and he left the 23rd to go to school in San Diego. What ship is your husband going to be on? mine's going to be on the momsen
  4. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Quote Originally Posted by nocent04 View Post
    i know how you feel. we just got married last month, moved to lynnwood july 18th, and he left the 23rd to go to school in San Diego. What ship is your husband going to be on? mine's going to be on the momsen
    his going to be on the lincoln... its stressing me out. i'm an air force brat... and i had no idea until now what my mom had to go through.

yeah my husband found a place to live about 20 min north of everett.

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  5. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries
    I used to live in Smokey Point and Marysville and also Arlington as a kid. Down in Tacoma area with DB now though. I know your area real well. It's grown so much though, that outlet mall looks like fun! Haven't been up there in a while, just drove through one day to show DB where I used to live. I have a friend in Everett though and my grandparents in Marysville, I go up once in a while to see them, if ya ever wanna grab a coffee or something. I could let ya know when I'll be there. Just a thought. Anyways, I hope your settleing in okay. Good Luck!!
  6. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    to WA! DH will be on the Lincoln next Spring. I am West of you on the south end of Whidbey Island. Not that far away!
  7. Texas Made
    Texas Made
    Blog Entries
    I'm a few minutes away from you. I haven't met very many people out here yet either. If you ever need someone to keep you company feel free to PM.