Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Lewis Ladies Again!

1. Senior Member

Ft. Lewis Ladies Again!

Advertisements
    Sorry girls, I'm going to have a million questions before it's time for me to move up there.

DF and I talked last night, and he doesn't want to live on base after we get married. That's not a problem since I never really had an opinion on it to begin with.

So we're going to be looking into apartments. My question is, what are some good areas that are close by the base that you would recommend checking out? Thanks!
  2. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I would recommend looking in Lacey. It is about a 15-20 minute commute and it is a very nice and safe area. I have lived in the area for 9 years so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  3. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries
    I live in Lakewood and I love it, the town centre has everything, all the stores you need. It's small and just 10min to the base. I've only been here 3 months so I don't know about apartments, DB knows, but he's TDY, so he's not much help. I like the city though cause Tacoma is nearby and there mall is nice, and it just seems like a central area that's not too busy. If you have any questions just PM me! ~Kayla
  4. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I live in Parkland in a gated community. I looooove it! I am so happy that I chose there. It's close enough to the freeway and only 10 mins from post. I wouldn't reccomend anything near the Tacoma mall. yikes
  5. FIYAH
    PARKLAND, LAKEWOOD AND LACEY ARE ALL GREAT PLACES... I LIVED IN WASHINGTON FOR OVER 13 YRS!!! I LOVE AND MISS IT!
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Lakewood and University Place are both nice areas. Just don't get too close to the base. It's not the nicest area right around the base. The housing is a bit run down and doesn't feel as safe. You can always try searching on an apartment finder website. There are several that allow people to leave reviews of the complex and will give you a better idea of the environment, upkeep and staff. I've lived in the Tacoma/Olympia area for over 20 years, so if you have any specific questions, just let me know.

Apartment Ratings
    http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate
  7. Senior Member
    we live in Lacey in a gated complex. It's really nice. Takes DH about 15mins to drive to work. PM me if you have any questions.