Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: IDAHO HERE..ANY ONE ELSE..I'M NEW TO ARMY LIFE

1. paris_kinser32

Confused IDAHO HERE..ANY ONE ELSE..I'M NEW TO ARMY LIFE

Advertisements
    WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO A NEW ARMY WIFE?? HOW DO I NEED TO PREPARE MYSELF WHAT CAN I DO?? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO THAT IS THE MOST CRUCIAL?? I WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME PEOPLE AS WELL THAT IS AND SOS OF FORT LEWIS. NICE TO MEET YOU ALL MY NAME IS CORYN. AND WHAT ALL IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN IF WE ARE DOING THIS MARRIAGE THING WITH HIM IN COLORADO AND I IN IDAHO. WHAT BENEFITS SHOULD I BE RECIEVING..??? SHOULD I BE RECIEVING ANY AT ALL? MY DAVID JUST MOVED OF POST AND IS RENTING AN APARTMENT BUT I AM AT HOME LIVING WITH PARENTS STILL..ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!?? OH AND WE ARE MARRIED.
    Last edited by paris_kinser32; 07-09-2008 at 04:09 AM. Reason: NEED TO ADD ON
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    My husband is from Boise. We are heading that way in the next few weeks.

Take some deep breath! There is no manual to how to be an army wife. You learn as you go and you will make mistakes but you will learn from them. Patience is something that you will need a lot of. Keep your head up and if you need anything let me know!

3. Senior Member
    Hi there! My husband is from Twin Falls, and that is where we consider home. We actually just left there after 30 days of enjoying block leave in Idaho. Welcome to SOS.

With you all living in different places, I don't believe you get any extra benefits. You will still receive BAH(housing allowance) but probably for the location where your husband is, and not where you are, because he is off base. You will also be able to still get medical, you just have to sign up for Tricare Prime Remote(I think) so that you can see a civilian Dr., because from what I understand there is no military hospital in Idaho.

I agree with BrittanyJo 100%, you learn as you go. I have lived almost my entire life surrounded by the Army, through my dad, and now my husband, and am still learning. I am sure you guys will do just fine.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh god, no caps!!! lol, I cant hepl you out much cause Im in ALaska but I would like to say
  5. JoRose83
    Hey, I am in Idaho!!!! PM me and let me now where you are...if you are close, maybe we can hang out. I just lost my job so I am free as can be!!!! I don't have internet access at home, so i have to rely on the library to check my stuff, so it may take a while for me to get back to you!!

And Mrs. Darland...I am so jealous!!! I lived in Anchorage for about 10 months and i LOVED it.....I miss it so bad!!!!!!
  6. Of all the things I am, 'sweet' is not one of them
    Of all the things I am, 'sweet' is not one of them
    I'm in Mountain Home... we just got here... so I have no idea where I am in relation to anywhere else.

But there ya go!
    ing My Family With All That I Am
  7. Senior Member
    HI! My DH is from Rathdrum, ID. I don't know much about the area, but we are in Seattle.