Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Seattle - Moving Helpers?

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Hello Seattle - Moving Helpers?

Advertisements
    So ladies, who still wants to help me move? Now that I know where I'm living, I can give some details.

I'm off school Friday the 27th and have to be out of my current place by Monday the 30th, so it looks like I'm gonna try to do the bulk of moving on Friday the 27th and Saturday the 28th... so that we can still make Lissa's BBQ on Sunday.

So if anyone wants to come up to Shoreline and help me pack / move, I'll love you forever and I'll feed ya mac & cheese or pizza.

Just remember: My dad is NOT ALLOWED to move Heavy Things. He's gonna say he's fine, but he's not.

I shouldn't have too much to move, so I'm thinking just a few afternoons and it should be done. But I always want to meet ya'll and/or have help.

TIA.
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    You know I'll help. Unlike you, I do have school friday but I can come over after. After 14 moves in 2 years, I'm a pro at moving! I'll plan for saturday too, but somewhere in there I have to do my HW. What day do you get keys to your new place?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I always enlist the help of my old college friends. They all wanted to see it and I said sure, "if you carry my microwave up the stairs for me"
  4. Del
    lol good advice.

I feel ya Rei, I gotta do homework somewhere too. You wanna get together at school Monday? Let me know what your schedule is.

And BrittanyJo, I totally plan on harassing my college frat boy friends 'cos I know they're still in town. Excellent, sneaky plan. I like the way you think.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When we moved up here. DH moved everything by himself. I put an ad in the seattle craigs list and he had 2 guys come down and help him off load the truck. He paid them like $60 to split and got pizza. Im an hour away with 2 kids all alone, so I can't come down there but If you want me to post the ad or something Id be happy to.
  6. Senior Member
    I can't lift anything so I wouldn't be much help.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

you know i'll be there saturday. lu dog says she'd help, but she's all feet.
  8. Senior Member
    Just saw this- I got the okay from in laws to watch Rowan on Friday so I'll be there in the morning and can be there until about 4pm. I think we can get quite a lot done in that time. And heavy lifting is NOT an issue for me (although I *know* you're stronger than me...remember that TV?) lol

Let me know what time and I'll be there on Friday. Saturday I can come down as well but I will have munchkin with me.
  9. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    My oh-so-strong DB and his truck and i will be there Friday. We are going to be returning from oregon that day so just give me a call to keep me posted on the status!
    Missing my