Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Food and # people list for June 29th BBQ

1. Senior Member

Food and # people list for June 29th BBQ

Advertisements
    Okay, so to make it easier, here's the new thread just for the food. I'll update this top post as I get more confirmations.

CoastiesGrrrl & DB - Chips & Dip
    Pennylayne & 2 kids - Ribs & chicken taquitos (or black bean chili)
    Dani & 1 kid - ice cream
    Del & Dad - Veggie burgers & buns
    Parents
    Joy
    Rcwant2be- earthquake cake, brats and burgers
    Me & 1 kid- Bruschetta, veggie hot dogs, plates, cheese/crackers, etc.
    PeppermintRei- veggie tray and ranch dip
    Andrea - fruit tray
    ShutterbugBecca & 2 kids - potato salad and possibly a blueberry dish

If I've missed you on the list or didn't get the right number of people, please let me know.

SO's and kids are more than welcome (but please keep an eye on your kids because I'm going to have my hands full with just my DD )
    Last edited by petsparkle; 06-29-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: update
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i'll bring some buns & assorted burger/brat fixings.

del/rei, if either of you want to drive since you have a 4 door, that's fine by me, however i'm willing to drive too. since i'm in the middle, if i'm not driving, rei, do you want to pick me up? i live close to i-5 & 405.
  3. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Is DB going to be the only SO there? Hmmm. I may have more "convincing" to do... I got him to agree- well offer- to help Del move today so maybe I can wait a few days to spring this on him if he is going to be the only one there.
    Aparently on deployment he was in charge of BBQ's for 200+ people several times and is not a fan right now...
    Missing my

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie's Grrrl View Post
    Is DB going to be the only SO there? Hmmm. I may have more "convincing" to do... I got him to agree- well offer- to help Del move today so maybe I can wait a few days to spring this on him if he is going to be the only one there.
    Aparently on deployment he was in charge of BBQ's for 200+ people several times and is not a fan right now...
    i think so. everyone else's so's are gone.
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i'll bring some buns & assorted burger/brat fixings.

del/rei, if either of you want to drive since you have a 4 door, that's fine by me, however i'm willing to drive too. since i'm in the middle, if i'm not driving, rei, do you want to pick me up? i live close to i-5 & 405.
    No problem, I will pick you up. Door to door service.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie's Grrrl View Post
    Tell him to come, and we promise not to make him organize or cook anything. I tried to get my parents to join us but they'll be on a mini vacation. So jealous.

I think most people have deployed SO's although a bunch of people just returned to Ft Lewis recently. I wish mine was here to come--he would too. I bet he and B would get along pretty well.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i wish db was here too. since the bbq is june 29 & he'll be back in july, i'll be happy happy happy that day.

rei, i'll get you directions to my place. are we taking the ferry or driving the full way? as a non native washingtonian, i am still mesmerized by the ferries, so i vote for that, but you are the driver.
  7. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    i wish db was here too. since the bbq is june 29 & he'll be back in july, i'll be happy happy happy that day.

rei, i'll get you directions to my place. are we taking the ferry or driving the full way? as a non native washingtonian, i am still mesmerized by the ferries, so i vote for that, but you are the driver.
    I'm not native here either. I don't mind the ferry, but I need directions since I've never been to whidbey before.

Could someone PM me the best way to get to Whidbey (I think it's the mukilteo ferry, right?) and directions from the dock to the house?

TIA!
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    I'm not native here either. I don't mind the ferry, but I need directions since I've never been to whidbey before.

Could someone PM me the best way to get to Whidbey (I think it's the mukilteo ferry, right?) and directions from the dock to the house?

TIA!
    yeah, the mukilteo ferry then all the way up the island to oak harbor. i've been to lisa's before, so i can play navigator.

you've been here way longer than me tho, haven't you? i'm still in my first year.

i picked up the earthquake cake ingredients today & also burger & brat buns.
  9. Senior Member
    Tonya has been here before so she can help you on the directions while you're driving, but I will PM you the directions too.

I wish my DH would be here for the BBQ too, but hey, I'm going to have all of you guys to keep me company!! I can't wait!
  10. Senior Member
    yeah, the mukilteo ferry then all the way up the island to oak harbor. i've been to lisa's before, so i can play navigator.

you've been here way longer than me tho, haven't you? i'm still in my first year.

i picked up the earthquake cake ingredients today & also burger & brat buns.
    You rock!!!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast