Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's SO is stationed at Fort Lewis?

1. Senior Member

Who's SO is stationed at Fort Lewis?

Advertisements
    I was wondering whos SO was stationed at Fort Lewis, and where everyone lives if not on post
  2. Banned
    Banned
    well you know mine isn't yet but we are going to live on post!!! he is already on the list and is #6. He found out that since he has been on an unaccompanied tour that they deducted the time in Korea from the wait time. The wait time was already 12 mos so he was boosted to the front on the list!! ..now we can save some money!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    well you know mine isn't yet but we are going to live on post!!! he is already on the list and is #6. He found out that since he has been on an unaccompanied tour that they deducted the time in Korea from the wait time. The wait time was already 12 mos so he was boosted to the front on the list!! ..now we can save some money!

DH says that he doesnt want to live on post because that means you get paid less money then you would if you lived off post, cause i told him to gett on the waiting list but its a no go for him. I dont know how anything works but i know we are living off post for sure. We def need to get together when we are both finally out there!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you do get less money, no BAH. But you don't need it when you are not paying rent or utlities, besides phone and cable. When we were looking for apartments, we became aware that our BAH would be all gone with rent and utilities, not to mention GAS :ugh. But i can see why he doesn't want to as well. I think for my DH and I it is best for us since he doesn't have a car. And yes, i can see an SOS outing in our near future!
  5. Senior Member
    what is the BAH for the area??
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEustice View Post
    what is the BAH for the area??
    i am not sure. Scott calculated it to be about $1400 but when he did that before he overshot it by about 200. So i am guessing between $1000-$1300.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    i am not sure. Scott calculated it to be about $1400 but when he did that before he overshot it by about 200. So i am guessing between $1000-$1300.

I dunno whats happening im so confused with this wwhole move. I asked DH a ton of questions and told him to get me some answwers and he says he cant until like the last month of him being in Korea. I thought that was a pretty dumb excuse I wanna know answers and cant find them out until we are 4 weeks from leaving thats so STUPID. I think that DH just doesnt want to ask anyone anything, He has a habit of avoiding that
  8. Banned
    Banned
    No that is what his superiors are telling him. My DH went ahead and ignored that advice and emailed all the people of housing at Ft Lewis, which is how he found out what he did. Now when he gets there all he has to do is go to housing and it will be all taken care of. Your Dh needs to find out all he can now and not wait until 4 weeks out. That way you both can prepare for the move better.
  9. Senior Member
    thats what i said but he says there is no way for him to find anything out which i know is crapola! I told him to get in touch with fort lewis and find out what we nned to know but like i said he avoids stuff like this and everything is always always always last minute, i hate this and all im doing is stressing about it anymore.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We are stationed at Ft. Lewis but i am currently living in FL. but we are nearing the end of this deployment. So next week i will be out there to look at apartments and then who knows how soon after that i will be moving back out there.
    Loving wifey to EMSJunkie911 and OliveJuice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast