Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We arrived at Bangor! Questions

1. GNZDIVA

We arrived at Bangor! Questions

Advertisements
    Hi Everyone! So we are all settled in and it's so beautiful here! I love it! I have a few questions. We are on the Bangor base housing....I know where the commissary and PX is....I know there are 2 exchanges correct? where?

Also, when the main gate closes, where do you go in after 8pm?

AND last but not least, is there any store around that sells at decent prices backyard furniture?

Sorry, they may sound like stupid questions, but I am having a hard time finding answers and I know you ladies will get to me faster.

Thanks so much! hopefully I can meet some of you!
  2. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    The exchange is right by the commissary. The gym, theater, barber, post office are all there. Also, there is one exchange and commissary on Bremerton base which is about 15 south. Trigger gate closes at 8pm every night, but Main gate remains open. Just follow Hwy 3 a little bit further to Main gate. The NEX has some outdoor furniture, as well as the Super Wal-Mart that is in Poulsbo. Take Hwy 3 North to the Poulsbo exit, Left at stop light, another left at next stop light and you'll see it.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    the main gate is open 24 hrs the trigger gate closes at 8 pm/ you have the regular nex next to the commy but the mini nex is by mcdonalds and the navy lodge. the commy is closed on mondays. the mini nex is the on base liquor store too. i don't shop walmart but fred meyer (same directions as to the walmart) has stuff too
  4. Senior Member
    Hi "D"!!! You know I have not a clue as how to answer your questions....just wanted to say HI and can't wait to see you and "B" soon!!!!
  5. GNZDIVA
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Hi "D"!!! You know I have not a clue as how to answer your questions....just wanted to say HI and can't wait to see you and "B" soon!!!!
    You know I can't wait either!!!!!
  6. GNZDIVA
    Thanks so much everyone!!!! I really appreciate it.....Yeah, Trigger is the one we were coming in....so a little further on 3 will it have a sign or an exit we need to get off?

I am so clueless LOL
  7. Senior Member
    Yeah there will be a main gate exit. Welcome to the area!
  8. GNZDIVA
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    Yeah there will be a main gate exit. Welcome to the area!
    Thanks we found it!! LOL So, where in Poulsbo is Walmart, I can't find it on Walmart's website for some odd reason?

Also, I know there is PSNS Bremerton? Are the bases attached? Like is there a road to go through both? Or is it seperate? I am so confused!! LOL The maps don't help much. We want to explore the base and see what's around.

Oh and where is the gym? LOL

Sorry so many questions, I am so confused here LOL I am not used to a huge base
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There is no road that connects PSNS and Bangor as far as I know. I don't shop walmart at all so i can't help much. The gym here on base is across from the NEX.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    the gym is by the NEX across the parking lot...

If you take the finn hill exit (im not sure of the hwy #) I think its a left and then a right...Thats the wally world!!

And not the two bases arent connected!!
    Are you scrappy enough for me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast