Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seattle vs San Diego????

1. Banned
    Banned

Seattle vs San Diego????

Advertisements
    My boyfriend and I are debating if both offers are available which choice would be best. We are both Floridians so the temp thing scares me slightly but Seattle looks like an awesome place to live. If anyone has lived in both that would be awesome to get your input. If not any kind of information or advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Amberly
  2. Senior Member
    I would choose San Diego hands down, but I am a CA native so I guess I am a little biased. I just love it here.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i moved to seattle from n michigan. I LOVE it. i can't even begin to tell you how much i love it. it has all the large city amenities, with great natural beauty, awesome recreation opportunities, & the people are super duper laid back, open, & nice.
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I vote San Diego!

I think SD is beautiful and I love the heat. I live in Seattle--it's beautiful, a nice city, a great "personality" and there are tons of fun things to do.

But the rain and cold...oh the cold and rain. Somedays you feel like you should commute by boat. It is currently 50 degrees and raining on June 4th. (unusual yes, but weird weather happens around here a lot and every year people complain about the weather because it's not "normal".....which after almost 10 years I've figured out there is no normal. )
    Last edited by PeppermintRei; 06-04-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: abbreviations
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    I vote San Diego!

I think SD is beautiful and I love the heat. I live in Seattle--it's beautiful, a nice city, a great "personality" and there are tons of fun things to do.

But the rain and cold...oh the cold and rain. Somedays you feel like you should commute by boat. It is currently 50 degrees and raining on June 4th. (unusual yes, but weird weather happens around here a lot and every year people complain about the weather because it's not "normal".....which after almost 10 years I've figured out there is no normal. )
    Well that's global warming for you I think it is the personality of the city that really makes Seattle seem so appealing. Plus the amazing shows that always seem to play there and nowhere even remotely near my state. Thanks for you advice. I am leaning more toward San Diego...he is the one pushing for Seattle.
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    oh i guess this is a dup thread. well i answered in your other one.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    oh i guess this is a dup thread. well i answered in your other one.
    Yeah I put it in both since...I figured people probably just checked where they lived hehe
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i moved to seattle from n michigan. I LOVE it. i can't even begin to tell you how much i love it. it has all the large city amenities, with great natural beauty, awesome recreation opportunities, & the people are super duper laid back, open, & nice.
    Where did you live in Michigan? I guess the weather wasn't really as hard for you to adjust to
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amberly177 View Post
    Where did you live in Michigan? I guess the weather wasn't really as hard for you to adjust to
    I grew up in the northern lower peninsula but lived in sw mi after college. The weather here is great compared to mi. I saw snow just 6 times last year. Most days during the winter were 30-40. The coldest is got overnight was mid 20's and that was just a few times. Whereas in mi below zero and 20's are common winter temps.

You need to talk to del. She lives in seattle but her db was in sd, so she knows her way around down there.

Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    I grew up in the northern lower peninsula but lived in sw mi after college. The weather here is great compared to mi. I saw snow just 6 times last year. Most days during the winter were 30-40. The coldest is got overnight was mid 20's and that was just a few times. Whereas in mi below zero and 20's are common winter temps.

You need to talk to del. She lives in seattle but her db was in sd, so she knows her way around down there.

Posted via Mobile Device

What's her name on here? The thought of 20 degrees makes me want to die
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast