Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH is scheduled to Fort Lewis! HELP

1. Senior Member

DH is scheduled to Fort Lewis! HELP

Advertisements
    we will be moving in early september, and we dont want to live on post. Iam pregnant with our 2nd child and we are looking for an apartment in a nice area close to post i and not to expensive we dont want to really pay more then $800/month. I found several places that would work for us but I dont know how the area is Im looking at Demark Apartments, Aladin-Camelot Apts, and The Drake Apts. All in Tacoma. I could really use your help, i dont want to live in a crime ridden neighborhood with my 2 children, help PLEASE!
  2. ArmyStrong
    If you can swing it financially, stay out of Tacoma. Take a look at some crime statistics. It leaves a lot to be desired. I think Lakewood would be a little bit better but Dupont or Lacey would proabably be best. Not sure of the cost of apartments in those areas but safety, IMHO, is worth having to sacrifice in other (financial) areas.
  3. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I would look at living south of base in Lacey, Yelm or Olympia if you want less crime.Living in Tacoma or Lakewood its hit and miss with being in a low crime spot.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I live in North Tacoma, and its BEAUTIFUL and very very low crime. Look in the Proctor District, or near University of Puget Sound. We pay 700 for our apt and have yet to have any kind of problem at all.

Tacoma gets a bad rap. It is really not bad, and the area I am in has schools, libraries, parks, view of the water AND Mt. Rainier, grocery stores (a safeway and a metropolitan market- ie an upscale grocery store) and little boutiques, etc all around. I see families and kids walking around here all the time too.

PS You can PM me and ask me about areas too. I grew up here (though I moved away for 13 years) so I know the area pretty well.
  5. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I have lived here practically all my life and would recommend either Lacey or Northern Tacoma... Lacey is great and really close to base. You can PM me if you have any questions!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    I live in North Tacoma, and its BEAUTIFUL and very very low crime. Look in the Proctor District, or near University of Puget Sound. We pay 700 for our apt and have yet to have any kind of problem at all.

Tacoma gets a bad rap. It is really not bad, and the area I am in has schools, libraries, parks, view of the water AND Mt. Rainier, grocery stores (a safeway and a metropolitan market- ie an upscale grocery store) and little boutiques, etc all around. I see families and kids walking around here all the time too.

PS You can PM me and ask me about areas too. I grew up here (though I moved away for 13 years) so I know the area pretty well.
    YAY!! so many tacoma people i can put faces to now! i am also moving in sept and we are looking at apts in Lakewood be/c of our budget and what we need. So how is the job market looking up there? i really need a job! sorry to tj!
  7. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    The job market is ok... it really depends on what you want to do!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
    The job market is ok... it really depends on what you want to do!
    social work is my field...secondary is music
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    just wanted to say so glad to see i am not the only one moving out there. I know i lived there before but apartment hunting is frustrating. so if anyone can suggest places in lakewood that they have lived and did like or apartments to sty away from that would be great. I know about apartmentratings.com but half of them sound like reviews from the manager.

Anyone know anything about College point in lacey? sorry to thread just I am just really starting to get overwhelmed. I am making a trip out to look around mid june but still any info you might have would be great. again sorry to thread jack and best of luck you on your apartment hunting as well if i find anything out about those apartments listed in the origanal post i will be happy to pass it along to you.
    Loving wifey to EMSJunkie911 and OliveJuice
  10. Senior Member
    I live in Yelm and love it !! As a mother I feel it's a nice area to raise kids. It's a small town and the people are nothing but nice. It is a little cheaper here, I don't live in an apartment but I recommend checking out Yelm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast