Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whos going to be alone on mothersday?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello Whos going to be alone on mothersday?

Advertisements
    I am But I was thinking we could solve this get together thing and do something for mothersday together! champagne brunch or something Im willing to drive, or you are all welcome here. otherwise its going to be a pretty depressing day becuase my kids are too young to know about mothersday without someone telling them. we might end up going shopping or something but thats kinda lame does anyone have a husband who might watch the kids while we go out and storm a nail salon? anyway, just an idea, I really don't want to be alone next sunday kwim?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Everett, WA Like New Jersey, only no cool mobsters or sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by pennylayne View Post
    I am But I was thinking we could solve this get together thing and do something for mothersday together! champagne brunch or something Im willing to drive, or you are all welcome here. otherwise its going to be a pretty depressing day becuase my kids are too young to know about mothersday without someone telling them. we might end up going shopping or something but thats kinda lame does anyone have a husband who might watch the kids while we go out and storm a nail salon? anyway, just an idea, I really don't want to be alone next sunday kwim?
    This will be my fourth miserable mother's day in a row. DH had duty my first mother's day, I was bedridden with an allergic reaction while PG on my second, DH was deployed for my third, and his TDY got extended so he won't be here for this one either.

I'm up for anything! My kids are 1 and 3 so I'm not getting squat from them and I know DH is more likely to eat his own hand than remember to send me flowers or a card. I say we get together and go to the mall or even just Denny's or something.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    bummer! oh i hear ya, My first "mothers day: I had a mc, the second I had just had a baby and he forgot about it, same for the third, and he's away at a school this time so i know he won't remember. I don't think i've ever gotten a card or flowers or anything

hey dennys or the mall works for me lol I havent' been to a mall since we got here. mine are 2 and 5. though, dont' forget, dennys or ihop will be packed with old people lol.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennylayne View Post
    bummer! oh i hear ya, My first "mothers day: I had a mc, the second I had just had a baby and he forgot about it, same for the third, and he's away at a school this time so i know he won't remember. I don't think i've ever gotten a card or flowers or anything

hey dennys or the mall works for me lol I havent' been to a mall since we got here. mine are 2 and 5. though, dont' forget, dennys or ihop will be packed with old people lol.
    That's fine with me. I don't mind old people. I went to Denny's last year with my mom and it was mostly moms with their kids!

Where around here do you live? How long have you been here?
  5. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    I'm not from that area, Pennylayne knows this, but I have to say, I'm so glad you two are getting together. I would join you if I was there. I think doing something together instead of depending on someone else to be thoughtful is a great idea.

oh and pennylayne, I'm not stalking you, I saw this under recent posts and didn't look at which forum it was in. lol
  6. Starting Over...
    Starting Over...
    Me. DB is deployed and my mom died last year. It SUCKS.
    I am Megly McTenderhearted - dubbed so by eelo.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just moved to mount vernon last week.

and jennie, you are too stalking me just admit it!

Ihop was my very first job ever in my life, and we used to call it "I Hate Old People" get it? anyway, they would always complain about the coffe or not hvaing enough bacon or something, one time this lady took her shoes off and put her feet up, and come to tink of it, that was mothersday! she said to me "honey when you get to be as old as nme, you can do what you damn well please too!" lol she left a good tip

And btw: Im sorry your mum passed away My mom is gone too. come hang out with us
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dh will be stationed out of everett, but we decied to buy a house and this was the best location for our finances lol.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    OK I'm in Marysville, which is about 20-30 minutes south of you. I know the area off the 5 pretty well. There is a mall, Cascade mall, just a little north of you. There's a Shari's right across the street from it. And I think an Applebee's too. There's a Denny's in Arlington which is in between us, or if you wanted you guys could come over to our house. I don't have a problem with that. What ever you want is fine with me!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have only been down to smokey point twice to go to navy fed, but I can gps it, or you are more than welcome to come here, ylour kids are younger so I'll leave it to you. I have been to the applebees, and saw the sharis, man its been a long time since I went to sharis, like probobly the last time was the night of my senior prom!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast