Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: moving back to Ft. Lewis

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

moving back to Ft. Lewis

Advertisements
    So Hubby bored the plane so now it is time to get back to reality. I am going to be moving back to WA and any insite into appartment hunting would be great. I lived there a bout 2 years so i have a little of an idea but if you ladies could help more. any info on apartments ( to stay away from or places you'd suggest would be great. thanks in advance.

I know he doesn't want to live on base at all.. and no further then where we lived before in Fircrest/UP.

Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom not full of mold lol
    Loving wifey to EMSJunkie911 and OliveJuice
  2. Senior Member
    I'm moving back in a couple of weeks too. Yay! We're trying to get one in Lacey. I've researched Puyallup, Tacoma, DuPont, Steilacoom, Lakewood, Olympia and Lacey. Lacey has the lowest crime right and seems to be a very nice area...That's actually where we lived before he got deployed and we loved it there. Dupont and Lacey are probably the nicest. It's hard to find anything in DuPont though. They are also more pricey. It looks like from what I've found online that they have some nice places in Olympia for cheaper, but that's a little too far of a drive for dh. Traffic sucks in Puyallup, and Tacoma smells and has the highest crime rate. So, that's what I know. Good luck!
    ~Jessie~

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

anyone know anything about these places? I looked on apartment ratings but sometimes I just think the management goes there and posts lol

Summer Ridge, College Glen, Emerald Point (in lacey)
    Westwood, Steilacoom woods,maple grove, campus plaza, Bonaventure Village, (in steilacoom)

man the way things are going i might just try to move back in our old apartment complex in fircrest. I am getting so frustrated looking online and making phone calls.

I think i am going to have to make a trip out there and really take a look for myself
    Loving wifey to EMSJunkie911 and OliveJuice
  4. Senior Member
    DH and I live in Lacey. Its called the The Madison. Found our place on www.forrent.com. Its a gated complex. It's only about a year old so everything is still pretty new and very nice. Its about a 10min drive to the main gate. I like it as everything as in shopping is very close (about a 5min drive away). Lots of military here. Our address is technically Olympia so if looking on forrent.com type Olympia not Lacey. Theres 2 other properties across the street you may want to check out...Abbey Rowe and Brittany Lane that are very nice as well. Good Luck......