Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Beale AFB help

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question Beale AFB help

Advertisements
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get a little bit of insight on Beale AFB. My husband is re-enlisting soon and this is one of the bases that is on his list that we could possibly go to, but we don't know anything about it! We are both from marin county, so we are very familiar with California, which is why we are looking at possibly going to Beale (only thing I know is it's near Yuba city which is where my parents got their puppies a few years ago, lol). My sister still lives in Marin so it would be awesome to be a few hours from her. On to my question, if you are there or have been there, how do you like it? DH is most interested in finding out work load (he's an F-16 crewchief right now), deployment rates, anything about housing there? So what is the work load like there? I know different bases tend to work a little more than others. And he is currently deployed so we are REALLY interested in knowing how often Beale deploys. We went from Luke with no deployments, to Hill where if we stay here for 4 more years he'll be going over multiple more times.

We have to make a decision by Friday on whether we should put it on our list. They rejected our first choices and this was on the list they sent back (or something like that... I'm really confused!)

I appreciate any help and insight you can give me!! !!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Never mind, looks like we might be headed to Edwards AFB instead!