Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Lewis housing questions

1. Member

Ft. Lewis housing questions

Advertisements
    Hi Ladies, DH got orders to Ft. Lewis (sometime in July he reports) I'm in Florida with our two small boys waiting for him to finish AIT. I wanted to know how long it actually took to get housing on post... is it really as long as they say it is? I dont want to live off post. Also, does Ft. Lewis have temp. housing available? I dont want to go broke paying for a hotel room, plus I'll have our dog in tow!! Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    http://www.fortlewiscommunities.com/...wait_times.pdf

Times seem about accurate. There is no temp. housing that I know of but lots of month-to-month leases at apartments out in town. They just opened Rainier Inn on post, it is big and about $70 a night.
  3. Senior Member
    They do have some temporary housing. A friend of mine stayed there for about a month while they were waiting for a place to live. Honestly, I don't know how you go about getting in them though. The housing list times are accurate as far as I understand. We didn't have to wait because DH was getting home from Korea and apparently that bumps you up on the list.
    Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood.
  4. Senior Member
    Look at their website, go to their housing section. Call and asked how you can be added to their list with out DH