Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WA and OR ladies

1. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish

Big Grin WA and OR ladies

Advertisements
    My DH is getting out of the military this December. We are hoping he is able to find a job in either WA or OR. That way we are close to home (Hawaii) without actually living there. Anyway can anyone from either state tell me where they are and what they like/dislike about it. We are also thinking about buying a house when we move if we are able to but that is something we will have to figure out when the time comes. In the end it will depend on where he can get a job but I would like to know about the different places anyway. Thank you.
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I'm currently in Seattle, DH is stationed out of Everett on the Lincoln. I was born and raised in Oregon. Truth be told, I LOVE THEM BOTH. Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington are not my cup of tea, simply because I love to have access to the beaches. Southern oregon gets much warmer than the rest of the state in the summertime, I can live without that too. So basically, Western Oregon, Western Washington, definately great places to be, in my book
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Senior Member
    Hate the rain and cold. Love the mountains and trees. (We were in Lacey, about an hour south of Seattle).
    ~Jessie~

4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Thank you! I don't personally need to live right near the beach (had enough of beaches in HI lol) but I'd love to at least drive there.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I know that we just did research on buying a house here (WA) and they said that the housing market here isnt budging (we have a house on our street that has been for sell for a few months and the price isnt dropping)...We rent and its a big house, I think we pay under what he should be charging us.

I like the fact that its very outdoorsy here. We are active dog people so there are always showsand stuff for us to do.

The weather takes some getting used to.

My husband is a DOD worker at the shipyard here. He had the job before getting out.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  6. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I'm currently in Seattle, DH is stationed out of Everett on the Lincoln. I was born and raised in Oregon. Truth be told, I LOVE THEM BOTH. Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington are not my cup of tea, simply because I love to have access to the beaches. Southern oregon gets much warmer than the rest of the state in the summertime, I can live without that too. So basically, Western Oregon, Western Washington, definately great places to be, in my book
    So what cities/area's do you like so I know. I know my older sister loves Portland, OR. I liked Vancouver, WA/ Portland, OR because well... found some nice houses there online and there is a wonderful water birthing place in Portland lol. I'm trying to figure out other good cities to live in though incase he can't find a job in portland. He is an IT btw.
  7. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Also does anyone know what area would be best for jobs for an IT. He heard bremerton from some friends but I don't know.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by =Mrs.AiNokeA= View Post
    Also does anyone know what area would be best for jobs for an IT. He heard bremerton from some friends but I don't know.
    I dont know about that...Everyone we know here works for the govt or are engineers. I would say seattle or the other side of the water.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  9. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    I dont know about that...Everyone we know here works for the govt or are engineers. I would say seattle or the other side of the water.
    Ah ok thank you. I know DH said he had a friend that told him about a place in Bremerton that had lots of jobs for IT's but who knows.
  10. Super-mom extrodinaire
    Super-mom extrodinaire
    For a job in IT look to Renton, Bellevue, or Dupont. Those are the big ones I know of. There is alot of MS and Intel in Dupont and it's right outside Ft Lewis. I have friends that work for MS in Bellevue, but it is very expensive to live up there. Just remember, the closer to Seattle or Portland, the more it'll cost to live. We are in Aberdeen, 1 hr. west of Olympia, 1/2 hr. east of the Ocean, it is nice here, but very um, "low-rent"...we don't mind because we are far enough out of town that we really don't have to see it. Good luck! If you have more questions feel free to contact me, I've lived throughout Western WA most of my life and DH is from Eugene, OR so we know the whole area.
    I look at the moon every night, because I know in 12 short hours she will be looking at you. - DH Iraq 2009
    Rachooow is my awesome wifey So you can't have her
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast