Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Lewis/McChord AFB/WA girls...

1. Senior Member

Ft. Lewis/McChord AFB/WA girls...

Advertisements
    Hey girls. Dh is stationed out of Ft. Lewis and we were living in Lacey before he got deployed. We're currently looking for another apartment for when he comes back. Preferably one that allows large dogs (I know, hard to find). I'm in Houston right now, so I'm having to do this online. Anyway I found some what seem to be nice ones in Lakewood, but he thinks that's a bad area. Does anyone live there? According to the research I've done online the crime rate is higher in Lakewood than in Lacey or Puyallup, but safer than Tacoma. Just wondering if anyone has lived there and has an opinion of the area? Thanks!
    ~Jessie~

2. Senior Member
    I personally do not feel safe anywhere in lakewood. I used to live in "mountain meadows" in puyallup and liked them pretty well. They allow any size dog (with size-based pet fees of course). It would be a further drive, but if you're worried about safety, I would choose puyallup or lacey over Lakewood or Tacoma anyday.

I hope that helps.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Lakewood is fine, but it has a huge international community... it is a little bit weird to people not from the area. Spanaway is the same... if u have children. U want to be in the Puyallup school district or surrounding area... I grew up in Puyallup... only thing now is the traffic there. Umm Tacoma is ok and University Place is pretty nice... The valley is cool but there is also traffic and if the MT blows up ur screwed... sorry that is all right now u can pm me if ya want!!!
    Sarah

.... Um... nothing to see here
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I live in Federal Way, which is about 20 minutes up the road from Lewis. It's a nice area plenty of stores, Wild Waves is right there, Seattle's only a half hour (except in rush hour). Might be an option. I live in Enchanted Woods, all sizes of pets welcome.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovestosing View Post
    I personally do not feel safe anywhere in lakewood. I used to live in "mountain meadows" in puyallup and liked them pretty well. They allow any size dog (with size-based pet fees of course). It would be a further drive, but if you're worried about safety, I would choose puyallup or lacey over Lakewood or Tacoma anyday.

I hope that helps.
    Thanks! I checked out those apartments and they look pretty nice for decent rent. Is the area nice though? We looked at Canyon Park (I think) apartments over there last time around, and thought the area looked a little bit ghetto.
    ~Jessie~

6. Super-mom extrodinaire
    Super-mom extrodinaire
    I would choose Lacey, Puyallup, or Federal Way over the Tacoma, Lakewood, Steilacoom area any day. Just look at the crime rates. If you like smaller towns stick to Lacey, Yelm, Nisqually in the South or Puyallup for more North. If you go North to Federal Way your getting into the blob that is Seattle and the surrounding cities that sort of melt into one big city.
    I look at the moon every night, because I know in 12 short hours she will be looking at you. - DH Iraq 2009
    Rachooow is my awesome wifey So you can't have her
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesseeyka View Post
    Thanks! I checked out those apartments and they look pretty nice for decent rent. Is the area nice though? We looked at Canyon Park (I think) apartments over there last time around, and thought the area looked a little bit ghetto.
    Ooooh! Canyon Park is pretty cheap and yes, that is probably the most ghetto area of Puyallup. Mountain Meadows is in the "South Hill" area, near schools and shopping....much nicer! There are also other apartments in the general vicinity that are pretty nice, but I am not sure if they allow pets. Good luck!

P.S.-If you end up moving to Puyallup, let me know. We just bought a house out here. Maybe we could meet up for lunch or something??
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Federal way is a drive tho... kinda with the traffic flow
    Sarah

.... Um... nothing to see here
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    we live in lakewood and it's honestly not bad at all. i keep reading about how awful it is and i can't figure out where people are getting this - maybe it used to be really bad? doesn't seem so anymore. i mean, it's not particularly high-class or anything, but at least the area we live in is fine. what apartments were you looking at?

wanted to add - it's significantly cheaper to live here than in lacey, and they are the same distance from post.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s. rosa View Post
    we live in lakewood and it's honestly not bad at all. i keep reading about how awful it is and i can't figure out where people are getting this - maybe it used to be really bad? doesn't seem so anymore. i mean, it's not particularly high-class or anything, but at least the area we live in is fine. what apartments were you looking at?

wanted to add - it's significantly cheaper to live here than in lacey, and they are the same distance from post.

The Village at Seeley Lake? The apartments themselves looked very nice and brand new.
    ~Jessie~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast