Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Madigan

1. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2

Question About Madigan

Advertisements
    So... my hubby recently enlisted and since we now HAVE insurance (YAY!!) I have to switch to Madigan so they will cover it. No big deal since I am not thrilled with where I have been going and I am not trying to have to pay for this whole birth thing... the only annoying thing is that I am 35 weeks. Oh well, it will make things easier. Anyway, point of this post... anyone have experience with the Madigan OBs or giving birth there? No horror stories please... I have to go there so I don't need to be freaked out... but I would like to know what to expect and stuff... thanks!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
    So... my hubby recently enlisted and since we now HAVE insurance (YAY!!) I have to switch to Madigan so they will cover it. No big deal since I am not thrilled with where I have been going and I am not trying to have to pay for this whole birth thing... the only annoying thing is that I am 35 weeks. Oh well, it will make things easier. Anyway, point of this post... anyone have experience with the Madigan OBs or giving birth there? No horror stories please... I have to go there so I don't need to be freaked out... but I would like to know what to expect and stuff... thanks!!
    I've had nothing but horrible experiences there. They lack flexibility and understanding. They tried to force methods of birth on me that I didn't agree with and they misdiagnosed me twice. There are other places to go in the area that are covered by Standard, I sent you a link in another of your posts regarding Tricare.
    Either way, good luck. I hope everything goes well for you.
  3. Senior Member
    I didn't go there for anything pregnancy related but I thought it was a beautiful hospital and the people I talked to were extremely nice. The only thing that sucked was parking.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i had level 2 u/s there and it is very very much like a public hospital from where i am (houston), i felt very dingy there but they were super nice!
  5. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Ok, I am really not too picky about anything regarding the birth, I just want a healthy baby!! I think I will be fine at madigan, just wanted to know what people thought!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I am really not too picky about anything regarding the birth, I just want a healthy baby!! I think I will be fine at madigan, just wanted to know what people thought!
    it is a great hospital, they have a great NICU if your baby needs that, they have a really great staff for high risk babies, etc. a friend of mine down the street was pregnant with triplets and couldn't go to bremerton she had to go to madigan because of the high risk
  7. Senior Member
    They have a very high C-section rate and your husband is not allowed to stay the night with you.
  8. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Since my husband isn't here I don't think him not being able to stay the night is going to be an issue...
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I didn't go there for anything pregnancy related but DH had his GBS there and we had a good experience with the people that worked there etc.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  10. Senior Member
    And I'm just letting you know what I thought Everyone has to do what they think is best for their baby.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast