Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bangor ladies...housing question...

1. Senior Member

Bangor ladies...housing question...

Advertisements
    This is for a friend of mine....can ya'll help me out? TIA!!

We will be stationed at Bangor Navy Base...I just wanted to know
    How is Jackson Park Housing? How is Bangor Housing? How far is Jackson Park from Bangor? How long is the longest you waited for any of these housing areas? We are on the housing list now for Jackson Park and for Bangor, what is your experience with the list? We are expected to arrive end of May. They said there are designated houses for dogs, do you know if any of them or all are fenced in? If we do have to wait, does anyone know any good efficiency hotels that allow dogs in the area we can stay at until housing is ready for us?

Does anyone know anything about the Big Leaps Preschool?

Any information on the area would also be greatly appreciated
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I saw this and was like WTF...Noooooooooo, Chelle has to come here ...and then I read the post
  3. Senior Member
    We will be stationed at Bangor Navy Base...I just wanted to know
    How is Jackson Park Housing? How is Bangor Housing? How far is Jackson Park from Bangor? How long is the longest you waited for any of these housing areas? We are on the housing list now for Jackson Park and for Bangor, what is your experience with the list? We are expected to arrive end of May. They said there are designated houses for dogs, do you know if any of them or all are fenced in? If we do have to wait, does anyone know any good efficiency hotels that allow dogs in the area we can stay at until housing is ready for us?

Does anyone know anything about the Big Leaps Preschool?

Any information on the area would also be greatly appreciated

I live in bangor housing I have never really been in Jackson Park. Bangor is not that great. A lot of things are going wrong with our house though. Our floors are week and plumbing is going and the answer we keep gettting is well we can fix it after you leave. When I talk to people who have lived here before me I found out they got the same answer. All of southwest housing has fences. They are not that big at all. We had a house before we even got here we moved in the very next day. Good luck.
    God is not the author of chaos - Nana Sugar
    Live everyday like your on borrowed time. Then when you look back you never have regrets. - unknown
    You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. - Heath Ledger

Post message: JCS74FRG@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: JCS74FRG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Visit our Web Page: www.jcsfrg.org
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There are new houses on bangor, but I would not want to move in there cause they are going to be hard asses when people move. Also there is a child minium for them.

We lived on bangor and I hated it!! You can hear everything through the walls and floors.

JP has some really nice houses also, and its not that far from bangor. Its actually next to the naval hospital. Its not on base so there is no security in that sense.

My advice is to look at craigslist and rent!
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  5. Mommy960003
    My friend lives in Jackson park and said it is not what she thought. People told her all sorts of bad stuff, and she said it is not true. So I'd say from what she told me, it's decent.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy960003 View Post
    My friend lives in Jackson park and said it is not what she thought. People told her all sorts of bad stuff, and she said it is not true. So I'd say from what she told me, it's decent.
    I heard the same thing. Now I wish I would have at least looked at the houses.
    God is not the author of chaos - Nana Sugar
    Live everyday like your on borrowed time. Then when you look back you never have regrets. - unknown
    You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. - Heath Ledger

Post message: JCS74FRG@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: JCS74FRG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Visit our Web Page: www.jcsfrg.org
  7. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    I live in West housing on Bangor base and I really like it. Bangor base is about 10-15 minutes from Jackson park housing. My son goes to Jackson Park CDC since Bangor CDC is very small and hard to get into. We've never had a problem with housing and we have a fenced yard. Not a huge yard, but decent sized. The new homes in Bangor are very nice but I know there is a wait. They have wood floors, jacuzzi tubs, and are just nice. I think in either Bangor or Jackson park it depends on the location they put you in,etc. We live in a quadplex and we don't hear our neighbors at all. We were about #11 on the housing list when we arrived and they found us a place immediately when we arrived here. I'm not sure if that's always the case and my hubby is an officer so I guess we're in officer housing area, but if you have anymore questions let me know. I'll try to help.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We also got housing as soon as we got here.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  9. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    When we lived in WA we got into the housing at Bangor within 1 day... I actually liked the housing there.. however I have heard the housing at JP isn't all that bad...

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  10. Senior Member
    Thank you ladies!! I will pass this all on to my friend..I knew you guys could help her!!