Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: UTAH ladies

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

UTAH ladies

Advertisements
    Who is there? We will be there as of April and want to meet some of you ladies. I know no-one If you can help me or give me any info, in particular Hill Air Force base. Thanks ladies

2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

anyone?

3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I grew up 5 minutes off HAFB. What do you want to know? I'm jealous that you get to go there!
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Anything you call tell me, good real estate agents, school (private preferably), playgroups, shopping, hospitals, etc.

5. Senior Member
    I dont know much about the base but DH and I go out there every summer. Our niece lives out there in Ogden. You can try looking it up by the base website.
  6. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I don't know much about private schools, but I can tell you about the area. I lived In layton, which is South of the base and there are a lot of military families there. The local schools are pretty good, I know private there is Layton Christian Acadamy which is literally down the street from base and I think there are a few in Ogden(North of base). There is a huge mall right off base with Macy's, Penney's, and a few other major stores, plus there are malls in Ogden and Salt Lake. The airport is about 45 minutes from base. I'm not sure about playgroups, but I know there are a lot of things organized on base.
    Hospitals-there are two close hospitals, Davis Hospital and McKay Dee Hospital. Davis is minutes off base, McKay is about 15 minutes away. McKay is a much ebtter hospital by far and I beleive both are covered by Tricare.

Most people from base live in Layton, Clearfield, Kaysville, Roy, and a few other little places. Layton and Kaysville are on the south end of base, clearfield is off thge middle of base, and Roy is the North end. I'd recommend Layton or Kaysville, personally.

I'd have to ask my parents for real estate agents, but the housing market is a buyer's market right now so there are a lot of houses available. Base housing is also pretty decent, I think my sister in law has pictures. They just PCS'd from there 15 months ago.

If you ahve any more questions, feel free to PM me. I love Utah!