Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: off to Seaside OR

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

off to Seaside OR

Advertisements
    db is taking me away for a weekend! this will be a preview to my xmas gift. it'll be my first time in OR.

anyone been to seaside before?

the trip was db's idea, but i picked the motel...it looks nice, & is very reasonable. i'll let you know what i think when i get back. we're leaving in the am & coming back monday.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I've been... lots of times! It's a nice little downtown area and this time of year I bet the ocean will be angry and beautiful!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    I've been... lots of times! It's a nice little downtown area and this time of year I bet the ocean will be angry and beautiful!!
    the weather is supposed to be decent, near 50 deg, so i am hoping that we can walk on the boardwalk. i also wanna go looking for critters at low tide & get some pics. i've never done that before & it's been awhile since i've really gotten to take pics. landscape & nature photography is a small hobby of mine.

any places you'd call a "don't miss" - eats, drinks, things to do????
  4. Senior Member
    I love Seaside. I always go to the candy store. They usually have a guy out on the corner of the main street singing the candy man song. They have billion different taffy flavors. I love the burgers at boppin bos. Seaside is the first beach both of my kids went to.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    I love Seaside. I always go to the candy store. They usually have a guy out on the corner of the main street singing the candy man song. They have billion different taffy flavors. I love the burgers at boppin bos. Seaside is the first beach both of my kids went to.
    oooh, yes, i've read about the salt water taffy. i love that stuff. gotta get some of that. also read about the bumper cars...must do for me & db, since we're both competitive car types.

i love a good burger too. mental note for boppin' bo's.