Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Everett, WA... help please

1. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat

Moving to Everett, WA... help please

Advertisements
    HI everyone! my name is laura, my husband is on shore duty in hawaii and just found out that we will be moving to Everett, WA in Aug. does anyone know where there are some good sites to look for housing and some places, towns, city, neighborhoods that would be good to live in?

I'm AF Brat and this will me my 1st time moving as a navy wife... any advice?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Hi! If you are going to live off base then you might consider Mukelteo to the south- it's very nice there. I personally wouldn't live in most parts of Everett. Smokey Point to the north- where the Naval Support Complex is- is pretty nice too. Here is a link for Snohomish County that has some good and reliable stuff on it. When you get here if you are looking for work PM me!
    http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/County_Information/
    Missing my

3. Senior Member
    I live in Marsyville which is just North of Everett. The commi and NEX are actually up here too. We really like the area. I also reccomend Arlington and Lake Stevens. All are fairly close to Everett. Let me know if I can help you with any other questions. Welcome to Everett.
    blinkies by Britt
  4. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Thanks everyone! actually we are wanting to look at places in marysville... do you know any good sites on rental places or house hunting? we haven't decide wheather we should buy a house there or just rent since techinally his only in the navy till Sept 09 (we haven't decide if his staying in but he will be at his 9 1/2 yr mark be then). We have a dog and would need a yard for him... any advice on where to look or how to go about all of it? this is my 1st time moving as a navy wife... I'm very worried about all of it. I hoping to do some reserch before we get there to make sure we know where to look and how much a place will cost? (hopefully we will have lined up a few places, if not found one, before we report there)

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  5. Senior Member
    We just recieved orders to Everett as well. My husband will be on the Lincoln and we should be arriving there sometime this summer.
    Julie
  6. Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    Navy Wife Air Force Brat
    yeah thats where we are reporting to as well! *sigh* nice to know we are not the only ones out there...

It's Not Brave If Your Not Scared" - Abby (From The Movie Bounce)
  7. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    Just wanna wave to you ladies coming to Everett... I'm about 10 exits South on the freeway, in Shoreline. Come visit if you get bored.

I have no constructive input about housing, so that's all I can offer.
  8. ShutterbugBecca
    Hi! We are on our way to the Lincoln too! We will get there the first week of march. I've just been searching craigslist.com for homes to rent. There are soooo many to choose from at many different price ranges. You can customize the search to fit your needs too.
    Also call the housing office there. The lady I spoke to was so nice and sent me a ton of links on the area including some links to available rentals.
    We had scheduled a house hunting trip out there from January 22nd-9th, but it will take a miracle for us to get there now. I had an accident on New years eve and am having surgery today. The details are blogged here... www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com
    Best of luck to you as you search for a home! It can be exciting and frustrating at the same time...but having done this half a dozen times already, I know that it will all work out. It will for you too....it's just the getting there part that is hard. Come Summer you will be just fine!
    Take care!
  9. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    We are in transit to Everett currently, and Carrol's Creek landing is a PPV community in Marysville. They offered us a unit there, but it won't work for us because we have a bigger dog and they won't allow us to construct any kind of fence...and with DH deploying in the spring I can't very well leave an infant and a toddler unattended to let the dog out. It looks like a nice place though

I think we're going to wind up renting out in town, the wait for the other housing areas is 1-3 months and they don't think we'll have a place by mid-Feb. Where will your hubs be stationed? We should get together when we both get up there - it'll be nice to have g2g's

Quote Originally Posted by lmflores8 View Post
    Thanks everyone! actually we are wanting to look at places in marysville... do you know any good sites on rental places or house hunting? we haven't decide wheather we should buy a house there or just rent since techinally his only in the navy till Sept 09 (we haven't decide if his staying in but he will be at his 9 1/2 yr mark be then). We have a dog and would need a yard for him... any advice on where to look or how to go about all of it? this is my 1st time moving as a navy wife... I'm very worried about all of it. I hoping to do some reserch before we get there to make sure we know where to look and how much a place will cost? (hopefully we will have lined up a few places, if not found one, before we report there)
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Was it Dolores that you talked to? She is one of the NICEST ladies I've ever dealt with!! So friendly and helpful too.

She told me yesterday that they have a database of rentals in the housing office as well, and links for property management companies. She's fullllll of information and so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterbugBecca View Post
    Hi! We are on our way to the Lincoln too! We will get there the first week of march. I've just been searching craigslist.com for homes to rent. There are soooo many to choose from at many different price ranges. You can customize the search to fit your needs too.
    Also call the housing office there. The lady I spoke to was so nice and sent me a ton of links on the area including some links to available rentals.
    We had scheduled a house hunting trip out there from January 22nd-9th, but it will take a miracle for us to get there now. I had an accident on New years eve and am having surgery today. The details are blogged here... www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com
    Best of luck to you as you search for a home! It can be exciting and frustrating at the same time...but having done this half a dozen times already, I know that it will all work out. It will for you too....it's just the getting there part that is hard. Come Summer you will be just fine!
    Take care!
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast