Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: school question for those at JP?

1. Regular Member

school question for those at JP?

Advertisements
    hi everyone, my girls have been going to JPE for almost a month...and it just started snowing yesterday...now my question is....does the school have a bus that picks up the kids even if we live really close to the school. i'm really scared to drive in this stuff going up some of these hills in jp, i have a 2w drive truck....i can see me going really slow and sliding all the way down the hill....
  2. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    Are you talking about Jackson park Elem? If so my daughter also goes there and no there isn't a bus you always have to take them there. It may be a 2 hour delay if it is still bad out. What Street do you live on? I live on Wencker CR.
  3. Regular Member
    i live on haven rd. now when you say 2 hour delay....does that mean school starts at 1020? and is it hard to drive on those hills in the weather....like i had to venture out yesterday and it wasn't too bad here, but once i was on the hw...it was like the northpole!!!! I drove like 35mph.....talk about people hating me....but i was nervous. ok well thank you for the info!

ps....how will we know if we are going to be a 2 hour delay?
  4. HMCS Wife
    HMCS Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by rita76 View Post
    i live on haven rd. now when you say 2 hour delay....does that mean school starts at 1020? and is it hard to drive on those hills in the weather....like i had to venture out yesterday and it wasn't too bad here, but once i was on the hw...it was like the northpole!!!! I drove like 35mph.....talk about people hating me....but i was nervous. ok well thank you for the info!

ps....how will we know if we are going to be a 2 hour delay?

If you go to this website it will say it in the morning if there is a delay or if schools are closed

Last year it was kinda hard to drive on the hills but you never know until you have to get out and do it.

If you don't want to drive I would keep the kids home for the day
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    the snow is starting to melt here at bangor i dunno if it is by y'all too. it's supposed to rain tonight so the snow should be melted. good luck
  6. Senior Member
    http://www.schoolreport.org/schoolDe...hp?schoolId=12

This is the website I have that will be updated at 5:30 am . It should tell all the school closers and delays.
  7. Regular Member
    thanks everyone!