Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Fort Lewis!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Moving to Fort Lewis!

Advertisements
    Hey there! My love and I are relocating to Fort Lewis and I was just given the go ahead to start apartment searching! Problem is that we'll be doing it from Fort Bragg... We are looking to live off post in a 2 bdrm within 30-40 minutes of Fort Lewis. I've never been to Washington but I hear the area is pretty expensive so I'd like to find a place that is cozy and nice but reasonably priced. Can anyone in the area recommend some places to look at online? Thanks so much!

Erin
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    hey..this is weird, my name is erin too...we just pcsed here to ft lewis in august, and we had to do it all online. i suggest www.apartmentfinder.com they had some awesome stuff. we live in lakewood which is about as close to post as you're going to get. lacey is a bit nicer i've heard, but farther away and i think maybe more expensive??? not sure on that. we're living in an apartment complex that's gated, 2bdrm 2 bath, it's really nice for what we're paying. i love it, and we have a woodburning fireplace which is nice in the winter

good luck finding things! pm me if you want to know anything else!
  3. Senior Member
    I lived in Puyallup and loved it. There was traffic sometimes but I didn't think it was anymore expensive than other towns by Lewis. I really liked the area and wish I could go back
  4. *~Mrs. L~*
    *~Mrs. L~*
    Blog Entries
    I live in Lacey..the apts are more than you would find in like lakewood but you are really paying for how good the location is.Its a really nice area that is growing alot.I live less than 10mins from the main post gate.Since you said you wouldnt mind 30-40mins drive..look into apts in university place or puyallup.I guess puyallup is kinda pricey too. Nothing is wrong with Lakewood if you pick wisely.There are good and bad areas of it.Every where you may choose will have a traffic issue.
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    You're not moving to Washington . . . I'm sorry but I just can't let you leave me here by myself!!!

6. Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Loving a man with soft hands and warm eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by ebesse20 View Post
    Hey there! My love and I are relocating to Fort Lewis and I was just given the go ahead to start apartment searching! Problem is that we'll be doing it from Fort Bragg... We are looking to live off post in a 2 bdrm within 30-40 minutes of Fort Lewis. I've never been to Washington but I hear the area is pretty expensive so I'd like to find a place that is cozy and nice but reasonably priced. Can anyone in the area recommend some places to look at online? Thanks so much!

Erin
    I lived down there for awhile and I really recommend Lacey or Puyallup over the other areas. Do you ever watch Cops? They film A LOT in Lakewood... there are a few nicer areas there now- there have been new complexes built- and the area near Western State Hospital is pretty but there is still quite a bit of crime. Stay FAR away from South Tacoma Way. Check out Craigslist for apartments as well as apartmentfinder. Pierce County Sheriff has crime stats on their web page as well (http://www.piercecountycrimedata.org/). Good luck and welcome to WA!
    Missing my

7. Banned
    Banned
    I grew up here and just moved back... I am living in the North End of Tacoma and it is BEAUTIFUL. The houses are big and old, lots of trees, and quiet safe neighborhoods. I am renting an apt in an old house (1909) that has been divided into apts while my hubby is in Kuwait, and even when he comes back we'll probably still stay here. It takes about 20-25 min (if traffic is a little congested) to get to Ft Lewis. Look for places near UPS, it's the college down the street from me. It's really pretty here!
  8. Senior Member
    I live in Yelm , 30 mins from Ft. Lewis and like 13 miles from Lacey. It's a small town but mainly houses, I haven't seen apartments yet. I just wanted to say I do a lot of shopping in Lacey , it's nice area I have seen a lot of apartments there.

I have only been here a month and it's beautiful here, esp. the view of Mt. Rainier.
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Thanks!!!!

THANK YOU ALL for the help! I'm super excited that there are so many of you around Seattle!

:o)

Erin
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s. rosa View Post
    hey..this is weird, my name is erin too...we just pcsed here to ft lewis in august, and we had to do it all online. i suggest www.apartmentfinder.com they had some awesome stuff. we live in lakewood which is about as close to post as you're going to get. lacey is a bit nicer i've heard, but farther away and i think maybe more expensive??? not sure on that. we're living in an apartment complex that's gated, 2bdrm 2 bath, it's really nice for what we're paying. i love it, and we have a woodburning fireplace which is nice in the winter

good luck finding things! pm me if you want to know anything else!
    I'm Erin too! And we're moving to Ft. Lewis at the end of this month... we should have an Erin-party.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast