Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ellsworth/ Rapid City, SD

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Hello Ellsworth/ Rapid City, SD

Advertisements
    Hey everyone!
    Anyone around who has been stationed/ is stationed at Ellsworth AFB? I am moving up to the area in March. We're looking at houses and I am searching out some job opportunities. Anyone have some tips to orient me to the area? Neither DB or I have lived there before, though his family is about 3 hours away in Montana.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leiawen View Post
    Hey everyone!
    Anyone around who has been stationed/ is stationed at Ellsworth AFB? I am moving up to the area in March. We're looking at houses and I am searching out some job opportunities. Anyone have some tips to orient me to the area? Neither DB or I have lived there before, though his family is about 3 hours away in Montana.
    It depends on what type of job you are looking for.... Rapid Valley is a nice area and growing by leaps and bounds. Also the west side of the city is nice. But its a good distance from the base. Rapid Valley is pretty central to base and the city. I lived there for a few years and my in laws are still there. We will be heading back up there soon. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you want, I can also see if my MIL will drive out to the base and take pics for me.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have not been stationed there but am from Rapid City so I can help with neighborhoods and such. I grew up there but moved away about 20 years ago but still visit my family there alot. Let me know if you have any questions on the area.
    ~~Crystal
    Wife to Chris
    SAHM to Riley Ann

Hubby retired from the Navy June 2011 and what a change of life!